Global High Blood Pressure Treatment Market By Type (Systemic Hypertension Drugs, Pulmonary Hypertension Drugs), Drug type (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor, Diuretic, Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Online Pharmacies), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global High Blood Pressure Treatment Market
Global high blood pressure treatment market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The increased market growth can be identified by increasing number of hypertension patients.
Market Definition: Global High Blood Pressure Treatment Market
High blood pressure is a condition in which blood pressure against the artery walls is high. This can lead risk of heart disease. As per the American Heart Association News in 2018, around 103 million U.S adults suffered from high blood pressure. For the treatment of blood pressure many drugs are available in the market such as vasotec (enalapril), capoten (captopril), zestril and prinivil (lisinopril), accupril (quinapril) and aceon (perindopril) among others.
- Increasing incidence of blood pressure patients is driving the market growth
- Rising geriatric population will also propel the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Growing awareness about the hypertension boost the market growth for a long run
- Rising initiatives by government and private organizations is fueling the growth of the market
- Side effects of drugs will restrain the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory procedure for drug approval is also hindering the market in the forecast period
- High cost of medicine and other health care services may restraint the market growth
Segmentation: Global High Blood Pressure Treatment Market
- Systemic hypertension drugs
- Pulmonary hypertension drugs
By Drug Type
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June, 2017, Johnson & Johnson acquired Actelion. This acquisition completed by Johnson & Johnson's subsidiary. By this acquisition the company has enhanced their business presence and the company will also transform the lives through finding a better way to prevent and to cure such diseases
- In February, 2016, AstraZeneca entered into licensing agreement with China Medical System Holdings Ltd (CMS) hypertension medicine and the commercialization rights in China for calcium channel blocker, Plendil (felodipine), used in the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. With this agreement the company has increased their business in China
Global high blood pressure treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares high blood pressure treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global high blood pressure treatment market are: AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, United Therapeutics Corporation, Gilead Sciences, Inc, Bayer AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Abbott, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Bausch Health and Eli Lilly and Company among others.
Research Methodology: Global High Blood Pressure Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global high blood pressure treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)