Global High Fructose Corn Syrup Market By Type (HFCS 42, HFCS 55, Others), Application (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global High Fructose Corn Syrup Market
Global high fructose corn syrup market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 4.31% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing applications of the product amid an increasing consumption of packed/processed food products globally.
Market Definition: Global High Fructose Corn Syrup Market
High fructose corn syrup is defined as a liquid sweetener that is formulated from corn starch; it is produced with the help of dividing corn in glucose molecules. Half of these molecules are subsequently transformed into fructose that is sweeter in taste as compared to glucose. This liquid sweetener finds its application in a variety of packed food and beverages, such as soft drinks, canned fruits, desserts, yogurts, baked & confectionary products, condiments and others.
- Increasing demand for sweeteners due to a surge of food & beverages industry; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Cost-effective benefits of the product when used as a sugar substitute as compared to conventional sugar is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Easy logistics and handling of the product because of its stability which makes it a convenient option for various food manufacturers is also expected to augment growth of the market
- Increasing concerns regarding the diet intake and reduced consumption of sweetened products globally; this factor is expected to restrict the adoption rate
- Growing adoption of zero calories sweetener as a substitute for high fructose corn syrup as it causes obesity, diabetes, increasing risk of cardiovascular diseases and digestive issues is also expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global High Fructose Corn Syrup Market
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) 42
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) 55
- Food & Beverages
- Cereal Products
- Dairy & Desserts
- Processed Foods/Canned Foods
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, JAPAN CORN STARCH CO., LTD. announced that they had received “Japanese Agricultural Standard” certification for their high-fructose corn syrup from the “Japan Grain Inspection Association”. The awarding of this certification enables them with the distribution of high-fructose corn syrup that meets the standards of “Japanese Agricultural Standard”
- In February 2017, JAPAN CORN STARCH CO., LTD. announced that they had obtained a patent for their newly formulated product offering. The product in question is a high-fructose corn syrup termed as “HFCS 70”, which ensures that body maintains equal to fructose glucose liquid sugar utilized in major soft drinks while also maintaining the significant sweetness of fructose. This development will help in developing a new sweetening taste in its applicable food products
Global high fructose corn syrup market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of high fructose corn syrup market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global high fructose corn syrup market are Archer Daniels Midland Company; Cargill, Incorporated; Global Sweeteners Holdings Limited; Ingredion Incorporated; Showa Sangyo Co., Ltd.; Tate & Lyle; Kerry Inc.; JAPAN CORN STARCH CO., LTD.; Roquette Frères; DAESANG Corporation; HUNGRANA KFT.; Baolingbao Biology Co., Ltd.; Sinofi Ingredients and Kasyap among others.
Research Methodology: Global High Fructose Corn Syrup Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure