Global High-Intensity Sweeteners Market By Type (Artificial, Natural), Application (Beverages, Bakery & Confectionary, Dietary Products, Pharmaceuticals, Table Top Sweeteners, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global High-Intensity Sweeteners Market
Global high-intensity sweeteners market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 2.90% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased demand for the product due to a growing need for sugar substitutes for diabetic populations.
Market Definition: Global High-Intensity Sweeteners Market
High intensity sweeteners are a type of sugar substitute that provide significantly high levels of sweetening capabilities. Due to their characteristic of providing high sweetening with low amounts, thereby the effect on texture and nutritional value is significantly reduced. They are formulated majorly from synthetic manufacturing whereas, low varieties of sweeteners are available that are naturally extracted/produced.
- Increasing demand for sugar substitutes/sweeteners amid rising levels of obesity globally
- Increased consumption of sweeteners with zero/no calories; this factor is expected to augment growth of the market
- Increasing demand from bakery, confectionary and desserts applications for the product; the market is expected to grow in demand
- Increasing levels of concerns regarding the negative effects of consumption of these products; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Increasing complications in the production process for manufacturers to create products as per the unique requirements of the consumer; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global High-Intensity Sweeteners Market
- Acesulfame Potassium (Acesulfame K)
- Steviol Glycosides
- Mongroside V (Luo Han Guo/Monk Fruit Extract)
- Glycyrrhizin (Licorice Root Extract)
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Dietary Products
- Table Top Sweeteners
- Nutritional Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Firmenich SA announced that they had entered into an agreement with “Layn Natural Ingredients”. This agreement will provide Firmenich SA with exclusive rights of Layn’s natural sweeteners and extracts consisting of monk fruit, stevia and others. This agreement will extend the capabilities of Firmenich SA to provide their customers with an even wider range of natural sweeteners and healthy ingredients
- In September 2017, GLG LIFE TECH CORP. announced that they had received a breakthrough in R&D activities being conducted in collaboration with Archer Daniels Midland Company. The breakthrough will enable the companies to commercialize high purity Reb M and Reb D sweeteners. This new method will enable them to extract high levels of natural sweetening extracts for commercial uses at a cost-effective rate
Global high-intensity sweeteners market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of high-intensity sweeteners market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global high-intensity sweeteners market are AJINOMOTO CO.,INC.; Archer Daniels Midland Company; Givaudan; Firmenich SA; Kerry Inc.; Tate & Lyle; Celanese Corporation; HYET Sweet; Batory Foods; Anhui Jinhe Industrial Co., Ltd.; Beijing Weiduo Chemical Co., Ltd.; Cargill, Incorporated; GLG LIFE TECH CORP.; Golden Time Chemical(Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.; Monk Fruit Corp.; Hill Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; Ingredion Incorporated; JK Sucralose Inc.; sodium saccharin-factory; Merisant US, Inc; NutraSweet Co.; PMC Specialties Group; PureCircle and Stevia First Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global High-Intensity Sweeteners Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure