Global Hip Replacement Implants Market By Product Type (Femoral Reconstruction, Acetabular Reconstruction, Hip Resurfacing, Revision Hip Implants, Bearing and Porous Metal Technologies, Total Replacement Implants) Material (Metal-On-Metal, Metal-on-Polyethylene, Ceramic-On-Metal, Ceramic-On-Polyethylene, Ceramic-On-Ceramic) End-Users (Orthopedic Clinics, Hospitals, Surgery Centers) Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis; Global Hip Replacement Implants Market
Global hip replacement implants market is set to witness a steady CAGR of 3.8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to growing cases of trauma and injuries, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and growing geriatric population.
Market Definition: Global Hip Replacement Implants Market
A hip replacement is a kind of surgery in which an injured or damaged hip joint is substituted with an artificial implant. It is used when the mobility is abridged and even in rest, pain is experienced. These are made up of metal, plastic or ceramic.
According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, osteoporosis causes more than 8.9 million fractures annually, more than 200 million people are suffering from osteoporosis, worldwide, 1 in 3 women over the age of 50 years and 1 in 5 men will experience osteoporotic fractures in their lifetime. Osteoporosis has no clinical manifestations until there is a fracture.
- Growing geriatric population is increasing the growth of the market
- Advancement in technology is enhancing the market growth
- Popular minimally invasive surgeries are increasing the market growth
- Growing application of hip implants is acting as a catalyst for the market growth
- Growing adoption of total hip replacement implants is boosting the market growth
- High cost of surgeries is restraining the market growth
- Dearth of skilled professionals is hampering the market growth
- Strict rules for the approval of devices in the market restrict the market growth
Segmentation Global Hip Replacement Implants Market
By Product Type
- Partial Femoral
- Acetabular Reconstruction
- Bearing and Porous Metal Technologies
- Hip Resurfacing
- Revision Hip Implants
- Total Replacement Implants
- Fixed Bearing Hip Implants
- Mobile-Bearing Total Hip Implants
By End Users
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Surgery Centers
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad researchers announced that they are developing new technologies for bio-compatible implants. This implant would allow initial detections of errors via non-invasive diagnosis and monitoring. Initial recognition deprived of surgery would help patients in avoiding reverse and painful surgery
- In June 2016, Cartiva, Inc. announced that they have received Premarket Approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Cartiva Synthetic Cartilage Implant. It is used for arthritis of the big toe joint. The approval allows the company to begin marketing in the U.S. as it is the first synthetic cartilage device which is approved by the FDA. This device would help in treating the patient suffering from arthritis
Global hip replacement implants market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hip replacement implants market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global hip replacement implants market are Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Smith and Nephew, B.Braun Melsungen AG, Corin, Waldemer Link GmbH & Co. KG, Wright Medical N.V., Arthrex, Inc., Conformis, Corentec Co., Ltd., Elite Surgical, Surgival, Synergie Ingenierie Medicale, evolutisfrance, Group FH Ortho communication, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Medacta International, Tecomet,Inc., Peter Brehm GmbH, MicroPort Orthopedics, Inc. and DJO Global among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hip Replacement Implants Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hip replacement implants market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)