Global Home Automation System Market, By Algorithm (Behavioural, Proactive), Deployment (Cloud-Based, On-Premises), Technology (Network Technology, Wireless Technology), Type (Luxury, DIY, Managed, Mainstream), Application (Lighting Control, Security and Access Control, HVAC Control, Entertainment Control, Others), Protocols (Network Technologies, Protocols and Standards, Wireless Communication Technologies), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Home automation system market is expected to reach USD 92.01 billion by 2028, witnessing market growth at a rate of 10.70% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research report on home automation system market provides analysis and insights regarding the various factors expected to be prevalent throughout the forecast period while providing their impacts on the market’s growth.
Home automation, or a smart home system, involves the incorporation of intelligent technology into homes for safety, comfort, and energy conservation. It involves lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and security systems monitoring and computerization.
Increasing use of home automation systems among the elderly population, growing homeownership among millennials across the globe, prevalence of advanced services offered by telecommunication companies, lower insurance costs for homeowners investing in home security systems are some of the major as well as vital factors which will likely to augment the growth of the home automation system market in the projected timeframe of 2021-2028. On the other hand, rapid urbanization along with increasing adoption of internet of things technology which will further contribute by generating massive opportunities that will lead to the growth of the home automation system market in the above mentioned projected timeframe.
Lack of pre-installed home automation systems along with high costs associated with the purchase and deployment which will likely to act as market restraints factor for the growth of the home automation system in the above mentioned projected timeframe. Growing security concerns along with compatibility issues with the integration and less adoption rate which will become the biggest and foremost challenge for the growth of the market.
This home automation system market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on home automation system market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
Global Home Automation System Market Scope and Market Size
Home automation system market is segmented on the basis of algorithm, technology, deployment, application, protocols and type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Home automation system market on the basis of algorithm has been segmented as behavioural, and proactive.
- Based on technology, the home automation system market has been segmented into network technology, and wireless technology.
- On the basis of deployment, the home automation system market has been segmented into cloud-based, and on-premises.
- Based on protocols, the home automation system market has been segmented into network technologies, protocols and standards, and wireless communication technologies. Network technologies have been further segmented into CDMA networks, GSM/HSPA networks, and LTE networks. Protocols and standards have been further segmented into digital addressable lighting interface (DALI), national electrical manufacturers association (NEMA), KNX, digital multiplexer (DMX), lonworks, Ethernet, Modbus, building automation and control network (BACNET), black box, and power line communication (PLC). Wireless communication technologies have been further segmented into Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Enocean, and Thread.
- On the basis of application, the home automation system market has been segmented into lighting control, security and access control, HVAC control, entertainment control, and others. Lighting control has been further segmented into hardware, software, and services. Hardware has been further sub segmented into LED drivers and ballasts, sensors, switches, dimmers, relay units, and gateways. Switches have been further bifurcated into manual on/off switches, and electronic switches. Dimmers have been further bifurcated into wired dimmers, and wireless dimmers. Software has been further sub segmented into local/web-based software, and cloud-based software. Services have been further sub segmented into professional services, Installation and maintenance services. Security and access control has been further segmented into video surveillance, and access control. Video surveillance has been further sub segmented into hardware, software/video analytics, and services. Hardware has been further bifurcated into cameras, monitors, storage systems, and other accessories. Access control has been further sub segmented into hardware, software, and services. Hardware has been further bifurcated into card-based readers, biometric readers, multi-technology readers, electronic locks, controllers, and others. Card-based readers have been further differentiated into magnetic stripes and readers, proximity cards and readers, smartcards and readers, contact smartcards, and contactless smartcards. Biometric readers have been further differentiated into fingerprint recognition, palm recognition, iris recognition, facial recognition, and voice recognition. Electronic locks have been further differentiated into electromagnetic locks, electric strike locks, and smart locks. Controllers have been further differentiated into serial access controllers, and IP access controllers. Software has been further bifurcated into visitor management systems, and others. Services have been further bifurcated into installation and integration, and support and maintenance. HVAC control has been further segmented into smart thermostats, sensors, control valves, heating and cooling coils, dampers, actuators, pumps and fans, and smart vents. Entertainment control has been further segmented into audio, volume, and multimedia controls; home theater system controls; touchscreens and keypads. Others have been further segmented into smart meters, smart plugs, smart hubs, smart locks, smart window blinds, and smoke detectors.
- Home automation system has also been segmented on the basis of type into luxury, DIY, managed, and mainstream.
Home Automation System Market Country Level Analysis
Home automation system market is analysed and market size, volume information is provided by country, algorithm, technology, deployment, application, protocols and type as referenced above.
The countries covered in the home automation system market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America as part of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe in Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) as a part of Middle East and Africa (MEA).
North America will dominate the home automation system market due to the prevalence of various market players in the region while Asia-Pacific region will expect to grow in the forecast period of 2021-2028 due to the increasing number of residential projects in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points like down-stream and upstream value chain analysis, technical trends and porter's five forces analysis, case studies are some of the pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of domestic tariffs and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Home Automation System Market Share Analysis
Home automation system market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, regional presence, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to home automation system market.
The major players covered in the home automation system market report are Resideo Technologies Inc.; Legrand.; Schneider Electric; Johnson Controls.; Siemens; Ingersoll-Rand plc; ABB; Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Wirepath Home Systems, LLC, dba Control4; Crestron Electronics, Inc.; ACUITY BRANDS LIGHTING, INC.; Lutron Electronics Co., Inc; Remote Technologies Inc.; Elan Nortek Security & Control LLC; ADT.; HARMAN; Develco Products; Savant Systems, Inc; SmartThings, Inc.; Nest Labs; among other domestic and global players. Market share data is available for global, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.