Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market, By Product (HI Drugs, HI Delivery Devices), Drugs (Insulin Analogs & Biosimilar, HI Biologics), Delivery Device (Syringes, Pens, Pen Needles), Application (Type I Diabetes, Type II Diabetes), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Global human insulin drugs and delivery devices market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 33.78 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 61.38 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.75% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing incidences of diabetes and diabetic patients worldwide. Rising incidences of diabetes can be related to the unhealthy living and eating lifestyle of the major percentage of the population.
Market Definition:Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Increase in population suffering from diabetes due to the unhealthy lifestyle has caused the need for proper insulin drugs and delivery devices due to its resulting treatment of diabetes. Insulin is used for the treatment or control of rising sugar levels in the body caused by patients suffering from diabetes. Insulin drugs are either orally consumed or through delivery devices with the help of syringes, or needles. There is recent development in the market for inhaling of insulin through pumps, which is expected to drive the market growth due to the need for syringe free insulin delivery.
- High cases and increasing amount of diabetic patients worldwide is expected to drive the market growth
- Advancements in the market and reimbursements procedures in developed regions is also expected to drive the market growth
- Stringent regulations and reforms for the approval of products is also expected to restrain the market growth
- High cost of manufacturing delivery devices is also expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
- By Product
- Human Insulin (HI) Drugs
- Human Insulin (HI) Delivery Devices
- By Drugs
- Insulin Analogs & Biosimilar
- Long-Acting Biosimilar
- Rapid-Acting Biosimilar
- Premixed Biosimilar
- Human Insulin Biologics
- Short-Acting Biologics
- Intermediate-Acting Biologics
- Premixed Biologics
- Insulin Analogs & Biosimilar
- By Delivery Device
- Disposable Pens
- Reusable Pens
- Pen Needles
- Standard Pen Needles
- Safety Pen Needles
- By Application
- Type I Diabetes
- Type II Diabetes
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Ziylo announced that they had been acquired by Novo Nordisk A/S, with the acquisition helping to expand and strengthen, even revolutionize the market for Novo’s insulin delivery system due to Ziylo’s glucose binding molecule platform to develop glucose-responsive insulins.
- In July 2018, CeQur SA announced the purchase of Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.’s Calibra product an insulin delivery wearable that integrates and matches with CeQur SA’s product portfolio and demand for something similar.
Competitive Analysis: Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Global human insulin drugs and delivery devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of human insulin drugs and delivery devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the human insulin drugs and delivery devices market are Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Biocon, Albireo Pharma Inc., Julphar, WOCKHARDT, CeQur SA, Ypsomed, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Novartis AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Bayer AG, and Merck & Co. Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Human Insulin Drugs and Delivery Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global human insulin drugs and delivery devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)