Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market By Drugs (Elosulfase Alfa, Laronidase and Others), Treatment (Medication, Enzyme Replacement Therapy, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Direct, Online Pharmacy, Retailers and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market
Hurler syndrome treatment market is growing at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increase in awareness among the population about the syndrome and its treatment.
Market Outlook: Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market
Hurler syndrome is formally known as mucopolysaccharidosis type 1, a distinct form of lysosomal storage disease. It is caused by either mutation or malfunctioning of enzyme called alpha-L-iduronidase which helps in breaking down of sugar molecules called glycosaminoglycans and results in accumulation of glycosaminoglycans which increases the size of the lysosomes and eventually leads to enlargement of tissues and organ.
MPS I or Hurler syndrome occurs in about 1 in every 100,000 births worldwide and it is divided into three categories according to the type, severity and the progression symptoms. Attenuated MPS I occurs in less than 1 in 500,000 births and least common amongst all.
- Increasing prevalence of Hurler syndrome across the world may drive the market for Hurler syndrome
- Rise in investment from government, public & private organizations for the development of novel drugs to treat genetic disorders is boosting the market growth in the forecast period
- Innovations and developments in treatment is accelerating the market growth
- High possibilities of substance abuse and addiction involved in the treatment of Hurler syndrome is expected to restrain the market growth
- Complications and severity involved in treatment is hampering the market
- High cost of available treatment and lack of awareness among the rural population in developing and under develop countries is hindering the market in the forecast period
Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market Scope and Market Size:
Hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented of the basis of treatment, drugs, route of administration, distribution channel and end-users. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
Based on treatment, the hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented into medication, enzyme replacement therapy, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) and surgery
Based on drug, the hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented as elosulfase alfa, laronidase and others
Based on the route of administration, the hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral
Based on the distribution channel, the hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented as direct, online pharmacy, retailers and others
Based on end-users, the hurler syndrome treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Developments in the Market
- In November 2017, ArmaGen received the Fast Track designation from the U.S FDA for AGT-181, a novel drug to treat patients with Hurler syndrome (also known as mucopolysaccharidosis type I or MPS I). This designation provides incentives to assist and encourage the development of drugs for rare diseases.
- In February 2016, Sangamo Therapeutics received the U.S FDA clearance of Investigational New Drug Application for SB-318, a single treatment strategy intended to provide a life-long therapy for Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I (MPS I). If trial gets successful it will greatly enhance the company’s portfolio of orphan diseases and increasing quality life for patients and their families.
Hurler syndrome treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Hurler syndrome treatment drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the Hurler syndrome treatment market are Novartis AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, Cipla Inc, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, LUPIN, CENTOGENE AG, BioMarin, Magenta Therapeutics, ArmaGen, Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Nuo Therapeutics, Inc, Sangamo Therapeutics among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hurler Syndrome Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global Hurler syndrome treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.