Global Hydrocarbons Market By Type (Aliphatic, Aromatic), Application (Pharmaceuticals, Energy, Industrial, Mobility), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hydrocarbons Market
Global hydrocarbons market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 7.67% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the focus of manufacturers and authorities for the development of alternate sources of energy instead of fossil fuels.
Market Definition: Global Hydrocarbons Market
Hydrocarbons are a type of organic compound produced from the inclusion of only hydrogen and carbon atoms in their chemical structure. They are generally available in crude oils and natural gases, having more than one bond between the hydrogen and carbon atoms ultimately resulting in structural formation such as rings. These hydrocarbons have a variety of large-scale applications and uses in different industries due to their functionalities and benefits to the consumer
- They have wide-spread uses mainly used as fuels in the generation of heat and electricity, lubrication and solvents
- Various government policies presented to upgrade the presence of hydrocarbons in various industries for meeting the high energy demands from different industries
- Growing focus of utilizing natural gas in a variety of applications due to its low-rate of emissions and abundant nature in the environment; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Significant environmental impact with hydrocarbons due to their emissions of VOC’s upon usage in various applications; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Carcinogenic properties prevalent in hydrocarbons is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Negative impacts on the exposure of hydrocarbons to plants, animals and humans which results in various healthcare concerns is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Hydrocarbons Market
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Agricultural/Animal Feed
- Food Grade
- Medical Grade
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, Celanese Corporation announced that they had agreed to acquire a synthesis gas production facility from Linde PLC with an annual capacity of 365 kilo tons. The facility is situated at Pasadena, Texas, United States and upon acquiring this facility Celanese’s production capabilities for acetyl intermediates will expand due to the capability of the facility to produce valuable raw materials. This will also help in ramping up the product capabilities of Celanese Corporation for various other compounds
- In July 2018, Reliance Industries Limited announced upon the conclusion of their 41st Annual General Meeting held in Mumbai, India that they will increase their capacity and add new chemical chains for the production of various different materials and composites. The various upgradation projects are set to revamp the hydrocarbons operations of the company which is expected to experience a positive impact
Global hydrocarbons market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hydrocarbons market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hydrocarbons market are Reliance Industries Limited; Total; Exxon Mobil Corporation; Royal Dutch Shell; DuPont de Nemours, Inc.; China Petrochemical Corporation; Chevron Corporation; ENGEN PETROLEUM LTD; Sasol; LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.; Neste; Formosa Petrochemical co.; Celanese Corporation; Eastman Chemical Company; SK global chemical Co., Ltd; HCS Group GmbH; Pon Pure Chemicals; Indian Oil Corporation Ltd; Recochem Inc. and TOP SOLVENT CO.,LTD. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hydrocarbons Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved