Global Hydrocolloid Dressing Market By Product Type (Paste, Powder, Gel/Water Forms, Others), Material Type (Gelatin, Pectin, Polysaccharides, Others), Application (Acute Wounds, Chronic Wounds, Pressure Sores), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Aesthetics Clinics, Ambulatory Care Centers, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hydrocolloid Dressing Market
Global hydrocolloid dressing market is registering a substantial CAGR of 6.42% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in acceptance of hydrocolloid dressing due to its benefits such as easy to use, last several days between changes and also does not cause pain when removed increases growth of hydrocolloids dressing market.
Market Definition: Global Hydrocolloid Dressing Market
In recent era, hydrocolloids are the most widely used modern dressings worldwide. It is type of dressing that contains gel-forming agents such as gelatin and sodium carboxymethylcellulose (NaCMC). A hydrocolloids dressing provide effective occlusion on dry wounds and provides softness on tissues. This product shows its effect once it is applied on wound and in presence of wound exudate hydrocolloids absorb liquid and form a gel. The hydrocolloids are frequently used in the treatment of pressure ulcers. It is one of the effective dressings as compare to gauze dressings.
- Rising geriatric population worldwide; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Technological advancement in dressing technologies; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Awareness regarding effectiveness of hydrocolloid dressing is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Increased adoption of hydrocolloid dressing globally; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Unfavourable reimbursement limits is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Increase in infection risk among diabetic patient, which is restricting the overall adoption of hydrocolloid dressing
- Not suitable for neuropathic ulcers, which is restricting the overall adoption of hydrocolloid dressing
Segmentation: Global Hydrocolloid Dressing Market
By Product Type
- Gel/Water Forms
By Material Type
- Aesthetics Clinics
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2016, BSN medical, Inc. entered in acquisition with Alliqua BioMedical, Inc., a provider of advanced wound care products. Under this agreement BSN medical, Inc. has taken over the distribution rights for SORBION SACHET and SORBION SANA’s primary dressings different countries such as United States, Canada and Latin America. With this agreement BSN medical, Inc. has expanded its business in dressing products
- In May 2017, HARTMANN, one of the leading manufacturers of wound care products worldwide recently received award in the ‘Most Innovative New Dressing’ category at the Journal of Wound Care Awards 2017 by the launch of HydroClean plus. This award has made the company to promote their valuable product worldwide and it ultimately strengthen the business
Global hydrocolloid dressing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of smart electric meter market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hydrocolloid dressing market are ConvaTec, Paul Hartmann, 3M, Derma Sciences, Smith and Nephew, Johnson & Johnson, Dermarite, Coloplast, Acelity (KCI Licensing), Lohmann & Rauscher, PLITEK, LLC., BenQ Materials, Fralock, Trusetal Verbandstoffwerk GmbH, Coloplast, BSN medical, Alliqua BioMedical, Inc., KCI Licensing, Inc.,Helm India Pvt Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hydrocolloid Dressing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Nurses, Research Laboratories, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hydrocolloid market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization