Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market By Drug Class (Bisphosphonates, Calcimimetic Agents, Calcitonin, Denusomab, Glucocorticoids, Pipeline Analysis), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Application (Mild Hypercalcemia, Moderate Hypercalcemia, Severe Hypercalcemia), End User (Hospitals, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
Global hypercalcemia treatment market is registering a healthy CAGR of 11.48% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to increasing instances of surgical procedures, such as hip and knee replacements will increase the risk of hypercalcemia.
Market Definition: Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
Hypercalcemia is a condition when calcium levels within the body rise with the serum calcium level greater than 2.6 mmol/L which results in various problems such as kidney stones, weak bones. Hypercalcemia treatment may include surgical removal of the overactive glands or it can be either through drugs. Blood tests are also being done to the access level of blood calcium. The rise in the number of cancer patients and the advent of new technology for the treatment is increasing the number of hypercalcemia patients.
- The rise in the adoption of combination therapy in treatment of hypercalcemia is driving the growth of the market
- The surging prevalence of malignancy and hyperparathyroidism-related hypercalcemia which is propelling the market growth
- The surging number of cancer patients is boosting the market growth
- The higher incidence of multiple myeloma is contributing to the market growth
- The availability of appropriate drug therapy alternatives over surgery is driving the market growth
- The rise in healthcare awareness and expenditure has increased for hypercalcemia
- The treatment severally affects the nervous system which hampers the market growth
Segmentation: Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
By Drug Class
- Zoledronic acid
- Calcimimetic Agents
- Pipeline Analysis
- Phase III
- Phase II & I
- Phase III
By Distribution Channel
- Direct Tenders
- Mild Hypercalcemia
- Moderate Hypercalcemia
- Severe Hypercalcemia
By End User
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Cipla has launched cinacalcet hydrochloride tablets in the US. These tablets are used for the secondary treatment of hypercalcemia in adult patients who are suffering with chronic kidney disease on dialysis, in the U.S. market. This product launch will expand the product portfolio of the company and will boost its sales in the global market’
- In September 2016, FUJIREBIO EUROPE launches the 3RD GENERATION ASSAY LUMIPULSE G WHOLE PTH for automated aid in the diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism OR hypoparathyroidism resulting from disorders of phosphorus and calcium metabolism. This launch will expand the company product portfolio and increase its market share.
Hypercalcemia treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hypercalcemia treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global hypercalcemia treatment market are Fujirebio, DIASORIN S.p.A, Mylan N.V., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Novartis AG, AbbVie Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Amgen Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Kyowa Kirin Co. Ltd., Cipla Inc., Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., OPKO Health, Inc., Rockwell Medical, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), Fortis Healthcare, sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC, Aetna Inc., AstraZeneca, A6 Pharmaceuticals and Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hypercalcemia Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hypercalcemia treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)