Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market By Drug Class (Tyrosine Inhibitors, MAPK Inhibitors, Autotaxin Inhibitors, Others), Marketed Drugs (Ofev, Esbriet, Pirfenidone, Actimmune, Nintedanib, Interferon Gamma-1b, Others), Medication Type (Generics, Branded), Type (OTC, Prescription), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End-User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
Global idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 5.44 billion by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased development of novel drugs for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment.
Market Definition: Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment is a serious lungs disease in which the lung tissues become stiff, thickened and damaged over an extended period. Every year around 50,000 new cases of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis are diagnosed. Most IPF patients start noticing symptoms at the age between 50 and 70 years. The disease prevalence rate is more in men, but the number of incidence of IPF in women is rising.
- Growing geriatric population is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rising prevalence of IPF in various regions globally is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Development of novel drugs is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing cigarette smoking population is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory policies is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- High price of medicines, which is restricting the overall adoption of these meters
- Unavailability of the medication; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
By Drug Class
- Tyrosine Inhibitors
- MAPK Inhibitors
- Autotaxin Inhibitors
By Marketed Drugs
- Interferon Gamma-1b
By Medication Type
By Route of Administration
- Home Healthcare
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, AstraZeneca received FDA approval for its Saracatinib. This is a small molecule which is highly potent and selective inhibitor of src tyrosine kinase. This will help the company to create a strong product portfolio.
- In June 2016, Taiwan Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd. has launched Pirespa (pirfenidone) in Taiwan. This is an oral medication used in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. This will help the company in creating a strong market presence as this medicine will help to improve the health of the patients.
Global idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market are Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH; AstraZeneca; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, INC.; Trevi Therapeutics; FibroGen,Inc.; TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.; Pfizer Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Asahi Kasei Corporation; Galapagos NV, ZAMBON COMPANY S.P.A., Novartis AG, Neopharm Group, Galecto Biotech, Kadmon Holdings, Inc., Promedior, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Shionogi & Co., Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved