Global Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market By Product (Biventricular Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators, Single Chambered, Dual Chambered), Procedure (Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators, Trans-Venous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators), End- User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market
Global implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market is set to witness a steady CAGR of 2.15% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Availability of implantable defibrillators and high adoption of these devices are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator is a machine that can be inserted inside the body, capable of defibrillation, cardioversion, and heart rhythm. They are usually connected to the heart with the help of the thin wires. The device tracks heartbeat constantly and directs electrical pulses if necessary to repair a normal heart rhythm. Single chambered, dual chambered, and biventricular implantable cardioverter defibrillators are some of the common product of the ICD. If the system includes a pacemaker feature, when the heartbeat is slow, it acts as a pacemaker and transmits small electrical signals to the brain.
- Increasing prevalence of arrhythmia will drive the market growth
- Growing demand for implantable cardioverter defibrillator also acts as a market driver in the forecast period
- Rising training and awareness programs associated with the ICD is another factor boosting this market growth
- Technological advancement and development is also driving the market growth
- ICD can cause many complications such as lead failures, premature battery complications, and other; this factor will hamper the market
- ICD implant can cause infection at the surgical site which is also restraining market growth
Segmentation: Global Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market
- Biventricular Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Single Chambered, Dual Chambered
- Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Trans-Venous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
By End- User
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2016, LivaNova PLC announced the launch of their range of implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy devices PLATINUM. PLATINIUM devices vary in size from 31cc to 33cc and, with its rounded shape and smooth fringes, the ErgoformTM can layout is designed to encourage implant processes and enhance patient convenience. They also have therapeutic function such as PARAD+. This new device identifies the queries of the medical community to reduce the gap between life expectancy and service life of the device
- In January 2017, Abbott announced the acquisition of St. Jude Medical so they enhance their cardiovascular device offerings. This acquisition will help the company to further strengthen their market position and provide more advanced and innovative products to the customers. With the acquisition, Abbott gets the chronic pain treatment company of St. Jude, which together with cardiovascular units merged
Global implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market are Boston Scientific Corporation; LivaNova PLC; Medtronic; MicroPort Scientific Corporation.; Abbott; Biotronik; Physio-Control; NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION.; FUKUDA DENSHI; among others.
Research Methodology: Global Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)