Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market By Product Type (Implantable Bio-Absorbable Stents, Implantable Contraceptive Drug Delivery Devices, Implantable Intraocular Drug Delivery Devices, Implantable Coronary Drug Eluting Stents, Implantable Brachytherapy Seeds And Implantable Drug Infusion Pumps), Technology, Application, Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East And Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
The Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market is expected to reach USD 36.12 billion by 2025, from USD 19.36 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
Implantable drug delivery devices are medical devices that allow site specific drug management. It also offers the minimization of the doses of drug for the reduction of potential side effects. The implantable devices are reaching more attention as compared to the conservative oral and parenteral dosage forms because of the site specific and sustained release therapeutic action, implantable devices that again minimizes the side-effects associated with the drug. The most prominent cause of blindness in people is implantable drug delivery between the ages of 20-64 in the United States. According to a study by National Eye Institute (NEI), almost 5.4 million people in the U.S. will suffer from Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD) by 2050. Due to this the number of surgeries increasing and will cause the implantable drug delivery devices market to grow.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing Adaptation Towards Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Increasing Prevalence Of Chronic Diseases
- Rising Emerging Economies
- Rising Number Of Product Recalls
- Stringent Government Regulations
Market Segmentation: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
- The global implantable drug delivery market is segmented based on Product Type, Technology, Application, and Geography
- By product types the global implantable drug delivery market is segmented into implantable bio-absorbable stents, implantable contraceptive drug delivery devices, implantable intraocular drug delivery devices, implantable coronary drug eluting stents, implantable brachytherapy seeds and implantable drug infusion pumps.
- By technology the global implantable drug delivery market is segmented into biodegradable implantable drug delivery device technology and non-biodegradable implantable drug delivery device technology.
- On the basis of application the global implantable drug delivery market is segmented into cardiovascular, birth control & contraception, ophthalmology, oncology and others.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2016, FDA approved V-Go, a wearable 24 hour subcutaneous insulin delivery device by Medtronic for diabetes management, which have helped diabetes treatment outcome.
- In April 2013, Bayer Healthcare launched a hormonal intrauterine device (IUD) called Skyla. The product is launched in Europe with the brand name Jaydess, and is used for the prevention of pregnancy for up to three years.
Competitive Analysis: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
The global implantable drug delivery market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of implantable drug delivery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
Some of the major players operating in the global implantable drug delivery market are Bayer, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Merck&Co. Inc., Allergan Inc., Bausch and Lomb, Inc., ithetis, Nucletron,Genetech Inc., Theragenics, Psivida, Kinamed Inc., K2M Inc., Mako Surgical Corp., Varian Medical System, Arrow International, Eckert Ziegler, Elekta, JVS, and Abbottamong among others.
Research Methodology: Global Implantable Drug Delivery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global implantable drug delivery market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level. All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)