Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices, By Product Type (Hormonal IUCD, Copper IUCD), By Products (Mirena, Skyla, Paragard, Essure, Levosert, Others), By End-User (Hospitals, Gynecology Clinics, Community Healthcare), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.95 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 5.29 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.70% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing preference for intra-uterine contraceptive devices.
Market Definition: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
The intrauterine contraceptive device is a T-shaped birth control device which is placed inside a woman's uterus to prevent pregnancy.
According to UN, There are on average about 250 babies born every minute – more than 130 million in a year. It is estimated that there will be 11 billion people by 2100.This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- The growing rate of unintended pregnancies has aided the increase in the adoption of contraceptive methods which is expected to drive the growth of the IUCD market.
- The rising number of initiatives to promote the use of intra uterine contraceptive devices acts as a significant driver for this market.
- The growing awareness of contraceptive one of the factors contributing to the growth of the market in Europe.
- Cultural/religious oppositions prevalent in many countries is restraining the market growth.
- Negative impact Infertility recalls is expected to restrain the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
By Product Type
- Hormonal IUCD
- Copper IUCD
By End User
- Hospitals and Private Clinics
- Gynecology Clinics
- Community Healthcare
By Distribution Channel
- Direct Tenders
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, The Cooper acquired Teva’s PARAGARD® (IUD). PARAGARD is the only cooper IUD available in the U.S. with this Acquisition Cooper is expanding their market in US.
- In December 2018, Daré Bioscience, Inc. merger Pear Tree Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Daré Bioscience, Inc. is a clinical-stage women’s biopharmaceutical manufacture. Focus of this merger to lead market in contraceptive and tamoxifen products
Competitive Analysis: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
Global intra-uterine contraceptive devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of intra-uterine contraceptive devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the intra-uterine contraceptive devices market are Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. (Israel), Mona Lisa N.V. (Belgium) DKT International (US), Egemen Menkul Kiymetler A.S. (Turkey), Melbea AG (Hnog kong), Ocon Medical Ltd. (Israel), Pregna International Limited (India), Medical Engineering Corporation SA (Argentina), SMB Corporation (US) , Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. (India), Medu Scientific Ltd (Hong kong), SBM Corporation(India), , Bernstein Leibhard LLP (US), ZheijangDaji Medical Instruments, Ltd (China)., Quick Nimble International Limited(Island), AME Line ( South Africa), Technico Industries Ltd. (US), Cepeo (Canada), Bersil (Brazil), Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG (Germany).
Research Methodology: Global Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global intra-uterine contraceptive devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)