Global Intumescent Coatings Market By Type (Thin-Film Intumescent Coatings, Thick-Film Intumescent Coatings), Substrate (Structural Steel & Cast Iron, Wood, Others), Resin (Acrylic, Epoxy, Polyurethane, Alkyd, Others), Technology (Water Based, Solvent Based, Epoxy Based, Powder Based), Application (Hydrocarbons, Cellulosic), Application Technique (Brush/Roller, Spray), End-User (Building & Construction, Industrial, Aerospace, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
Global Intumescent Coatings Market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 896.92 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 1275.51 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased awareness regarding the benefits of intumescent coatings in providing time and acting as a barrier between the substrate material and fire, so that the rescue authorities can interject and take the correct course of action.
Market Definition: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
Intumescent is a type of chemical substance that expands once it comes in contact with any high temperature environment and acts like a layer against the high temperatures for the substrate material it is applied to. A thermochemical reaction takes place which makes the coating expand in volume and makes the density decreased for the substance. It protects the surface for a limited period of time, enabling the proper rescue and course of action to take place.
- Increasing concerns and awareness regarding the safety from fires, and benefits of intumescent coatings for fire-resistance is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing urbanization and preferences of light weighted materials and the need for coating them with fire resistant coatings is also expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of penetration and awareness regarding the presence in developing countries is expected to drive the market growth
- Concerns regarding the durability of applications of intumescent coatings is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
- By Type
- Thin-Film Intumescent Coatings
- Water-Based Thin-Film Intumescent Coatings
- Solvent-Based Thin-Film Intumescent Coatings
- Thick-Film Intumescent Coatings
- Thin-Film Intumescent Coatings
- By Substrate
- Structural Steel & Cast Iron
- By Resin
- By Technology
- Water Based
- Solvent Based
- Epoxy Based
- Powder Based
- By Application
- By Application Technique
- By End-User
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2017, PPG Industries Inc., announced that they plant to acquire The Crown Group and that the transaction will be completed by the third quarter of 2017, this acquisition is aimed at enabling PPG Industries Inc., to combine its coatings manufacturing business with The Crown Group’s coatings application business.
- In June 2017, The Sherwin-Williams Company announced that they had acquired The Valspar Corporation creating a global leader for paints and coatings and enhancing the market share and capabilities of The Sherwin-Williams Company.
Competitive Analysis: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
Global intumescent coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of intumescent coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the intumescent coatings market are Akzo Nobel N.V., PPG Industries Inc., Jotun, The Sherwin-Williams Company, HEMPEL A/S, Promat International NV, Kansai Paint Co.Ltd., Teknos Group, 3M, Carboline Company, TREMCO ILLBRUCK, BASF SE, Contego International Inc., Isolatek International, GCP Applied Technologies Inc., Envirograf, Albi Protective Coatings, Arabian vermiculite industries, No-Burn Inc., SKK Pte. Ltd., Demilec USA Inc., Monarch Industrial Products, Gangotri Hi-Tech Coatings, Rudolf Hensel GmbH, and Benjamin Moore & Co.
Research Methodology: Global Intumescent Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved