Global Ion Exchange Resins Market Application (Power, Chemical, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Electrical & Electronics, Mining & Metals), Product Type (Chelation Resins, Anion Exchange Resins, Adsorbent Resins, Cation Exchange Resins, Mixed Bed Resins, Other Product Types ), Raw Material (Cross-Linked Polystyrene, Polystyrene Copolymer, Polyacrylic Copolymer, Other Raw Materials ), Matrix Structure (Sheet, Gel, Porous Beads, Microporous Beads, Powder, Other Matrix Structures ), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ion Exchange Resins Market
Global Ion Exchange Resins Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.27 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 3.10 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.00% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increase in awareness regarding the benefits of ion exchange resins and Increasing demand for nuclear electricity generation in emerging economies.
Market Definition: Global Ion Exchange Resins Market
Ion exchange resins are polymers that are capable of exchanging particular ions within the polymer within the solution that is passed through them. Such resins are used for purifying water but also for various other applications including separation of elements. It has its wide application in power, chemical, water treatment, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, electrical & electronics, mining & metals. Growing urbanization & increasing affluence in the Asia-Pacific region may act as the major driver in the growth of ion exchange resins market. On the other side, increasing competition from reverse osmosis membrane in demineralization application may hinder the market.
- There is rice in urbanization & increasing affluence in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to be driving the market growth
- There is Increase in demand for nuclear electricity generation in emerging economies is also expected to be driving the market growth
- There is stringent environmental regulations which is expected to be driving the market growth.
- Volatility in raw material prices is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Increasing competition from reverse osmosis membrane in demineralization application is also expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Ion Exchange Resins Market
By Product Type
- Chelation Resins
- Anion Exchange Resins
- Adsorbent Resins
- Cation Exchange Resins
- Mixed Bed Resins
- Other Product Types
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage
- Electrical & Electronics
- Mining & Metals
By Raw Material
- Cross-Linked Polystyrene
- Polystyrene Copolymer
- Polyacrylic Copolymer
- Other Raw Materials
By Matrix Structure
- Porous Beads
- Microporous Beads
- Other Matrix Structures
- Cationic Resins
- Anionic Resins
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverage
- Electrical & Electronics
- Metal & Mining
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In Sep 2018, Avidity Science Acquires CT Chemicals Inc. This acquisition will expand Avidity's portfolio of water purification solutions to include ion exchange and filtration media and cartridges.
- In June 2017, ACM Technologies (Resin Tech), opened a new facility for generation of ion exchange resins in Gardena, U.S. The plant is to process spent resins, by providing regeneration and subsequent reuse. Innovations and capacity expansion is an indication of steady growth of the market for ion exchange resins.
Global ion exchange resins market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ion exchange resins market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in ion exchange resins market are DowDuPont Inc. (US), Lanxess (Germany), Purolite (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan), Thermax (India), Ion Exchange (India) Ltd (India), ResinTech (US), Novasep (US), SAMYANG CORPORATION (South Korea), Suqing Group (China), Dow Chemical (US), Eichrom Technologies Inc (US), Rohm & Haas (US)
Bengbu Dongli Chemical Co. Ltd.(China), Evoqua Water Technologies Llc (US), Aldex Chemical Company Limited(Canada) , Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.(US), Anhui Sanxing Resin Technology Co. Ltd.(China), Tianjin Nankai Hecheng Science & Technology Co. Ltd. (China), Sunresin New Materials Co. Ltd. (China) and others
Research Methodology: Global Ion Exchange Resins Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved