Global Kidney Stone Market, By Type (Calcium Oxalate, Calcium Phosphate, Uric Acid, Struvite, Cysteine), Diagnostics (Abdominal X-ray, Computed Tomography Scan, Ultrasound, Abdominal MRI, Intravenous Pyelography, Others), Treatment (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, Ureteroscopy, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) –Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Kidney Stone Market
The global kidney stone market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1,901.28 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 2,652.50 million by 2026 registering a CAGR of 4.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of kidney stones and growing geriatric population.
Market Definition: Global Kidney Stone Market
Kidney stones are referred to as salt and mineral deposits which arise inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are made up of calcium-oxalate and they can also be composed of numerous other compounds like cysteine, uric acid and struvite among others. Individuals of all age groups can be affected by kidney stones; however, they are mainly found in people among the ages of 20 to 40. Their presence in the urinary tract is called as urolithiasis, while in the ureter it is known as ureterolithiasis.
- Rising fast food consumption in developing regions has increased the kidney stone market demand
- Advancement of minimally invasive surgeries in the industry will act as a major market driver
- Lack of awareness regarding treatment of kidney stones in underdeveloped countries is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Long term adverse effects of lithotripsy will hamper the kidney stones industry
Segmentation: Global Kidney Stone Market
- By Type
- Calcium Oxalate
- Calcium Phosphate
- Uric Acid
- By Diagnostics
- Abdominal X-ray
- Computed Tomography Scan
- Abdominal MRI
- Intravenous Paleography
- By Treatment
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, Dornier MedTech introduced Dornier Delta III SmartLitho at the annual meeting of American Urology Association. This product provides analytic algorithm for helping urologists to make evidence-based decisions for the treatment.
- In April 2018, Olympus signed an agreement with Cybersonics for acquiring lithotripsy system design & production technology. This strategy would enable the company for improving clinical outcomes, enhance the patient’s quality of life and reduce overall costs.
Competitive Analysis: Global Kidney Stone Market
The global kidney stone market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of kidney stone market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Kidney Stone Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the kidney stone market are Olympus Corporation, Cook, Richard Wolf GmbH, Boston Scientific Corporation, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Stryker, Coloplast Group, BD, Allengers, Lumenis, EMS, Dornier MedTech, DirexGroup, Medispec, Convergent Laser Technologies, Siemens Ltd., EDAP TMS, Sonomotion and New Star Lasers, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Kidney Stone Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Government Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industries and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global kidney stone market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)