Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market By Type (Primary Lactose Intolerance, Secondary Lactose Intolerance and Others), Treatment (Food Supplements, Enzymatic Lactase Supplements and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market
Global lactose intolerance treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing incidence of lactose intolerance’s population and development of advanced therapies and treatment are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market
Lactose intolerance is also known as milk intolerance is a condition in which person is not able to break down natural sugar called lactose. Lactose is disaccharides found in the milk and milk products. The patients with lactose intolerance have digestive symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, and acidity after eating or drinking milk or milk products. Lactase deficiency and lactose malabsorption may lead to lactose intolerance.
According to the article published in the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, an estimated lactose intolerance population is approximately 65 percent of world’s population. It is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent followed by West African, Arab, Greek, and Italian descent. These growing incidence of lactose intolerance worldwide and high demand of disease specific treatment are the key factors which drive the market growth.
- Widespread prevalence of lactose intolerance worldwide is drive the market
- Accelerates demand of novel therapies and newer development is driving the growth of this market
- Family history of lactose intolerance can also act as a market driver
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is enhancing the market growth
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable is hamper the market growth
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth of the market.
- Inadequate knowledge about lactose intolerance in some developing countries is also acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market
- Primary Lactose Intolerance
- Secondary Lactose Intolerance
- Food Supplements
- Enzymatic Lactase Supplements
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
In March 2019, Ritter Pharmaceuticals has completed the enrollment in pivotal phase III clinical trial for RP-G28, a lactose-metabolizing bacterium being developed for the treatment of lactose intolerance. If trial successful, RP-G28 could become the first FDA approved treatment for patients suffering from lactose intolerance.
Global lactose intolerance treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global lactose intolerance treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global lactose intolerance treatment market market are Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Walter Bushnell, Nature's Way Products, LLC, Ritter Pharmaceuticals, profarma, Amgen Inc, Recordati S.p.A, Novo Nordisk A/S, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, National Enzyme Company, ScimeraMD, Ganeden, Gelda Scientific & Industrial Development, Deerland Enzymes, Inc. and others.
Research Methodology: Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global lactose intolerance treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players