Global Laser Probe Market By Product Type (CW Laser Probes, Pulsed Laser Probes), Probe Type (Single Laser Probe, Cluster Laser Probe), Application (Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Orthopedics, Dentistry), End-Users (Hospitals, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Laser Probe Market
Global laser probe market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 2024.77 million by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased focus on advancing the technologies associated with laser probes which has been affected by an increased investment expenditure on research & development.
Market Definition: Global Laser Probe Market
Laser probe is an ophthalmic medical device designed for diagnostic applications. It is a minimally-invasive diagnostic procedure where in the laser probes help in detection of any abnormalities in the eye, brain, and several other areas. This probe helps in real-time determination of abnormalities rather than extracting the samples from the patient and performing several diagnostic procedures on it. This results in better efficiency of treatment and also reduced time taken to determine the results of the procedure.
- Growth in geriatric population resulting in greater occurrence of ophthalmic disorders, is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing prevalence of ophthalmic diseases/disorders due to the increased prevalence of diabetic patients, this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increased applications of these devices for more than just diagnostic usage, is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Rising incidences of cases where the usage of probes are necessary, is expected to have a positive effect on the market
- Absence of knowledge and technically skilled professionals required for usage of these devices, is expected to act as a hindrance to the market growth
- Presence of technologies and devices as an alternative to laser probes, are expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Laser Probe Market
By Product Type
- Continuous Wave (CW) Laser Probes
- Pulsed Laser Probes
By Probe Type
- Single Laser Probe
- Cluster Laser Probe
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Monteris announced that they had received the U.S. FDA clearance for their “NeuroBlate Optic Laser Probe”. The product is designed to use in “NeuroBlate System” which is a MRI-guided laser thermotherapy in treatment of brain tumors and epileptic foci. The product is a metal-thermocouple equipped with fiber optic controlled cooling capability providing better levels of safety in treatment.
- In March 2018, IRIDEX Corporation announced that the “G-Probe Illuminate” product is ready for commercialization in the European region after they received CE marking. The product is designed for targeted transscleral cyclophotocoagulation (CPC). The probe offers combined transillumination and is the third laser probe by the company equipped with company’s “CYCLO G6 Glaucoma Laser System”. Due to its transillumination, the physicians/surgeons can provide better placement of probes resulting in better therapies.
Global laser probe market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of laser probe market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global laser probe market are Novartis AG, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, FCI, REIMERS & JANSSEN GmbH, ADInstruments, Transonic, Lumenis, OphthalMed LLC, Vitreq, IRIDEX Corporation, Quantel Medical, Katalyst Surgical, LLC, Vortex Surgical, D.O.R.C. Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (International) B.V., Monteris, Oertli Instrumente AG, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Laser Probe Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global laser probe market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)