Global Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films and Laminates Market By Product (Films, Laminates), Application (Electrical & Electronics, Packaging, Automotive & Transportation, Medical Devices, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films and Laminates Market
Global liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 6.28% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing awareness about the application of LCP films and laminates and rising demand for high frequency electronics is the factor for the growth.
Market Definition: Global Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films and Laminates Market
Liquid crystal polymers or LCP are kind of an aromatic polymer which usually have high electrical and mechanical properties. LCP films are usually used for the manufacturing of flexible circuits and PCB or printed circuits boards are made using LCP laminates. They are widely used in applications such as packaging, automotive and transportation, medical devices and others. LCP usually have dielectric strength and also great stability and are also used as an substitute for ceramics and metals due to their low cost.
- Rising miniaturization of electrical components is the factor driving market growth
- Growth in the automobile industry will also propel market growth
- Increasing demand for liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates in electrical and electronics industry is also driving the growth of this market
- Rising disposable incomes will also drive the market growth
- Increasing awareness about the sustainable resources will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- High manufacturing cost will restrain the market growth
- Increasing awareness about the low weld properties will also hamper market growth
Segmentation: Global Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films and Laminates Market
- Electrical & Electronics
- Automotive & Transportation
- Medical Devices
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Sumitomo Chemical Advanced Technologies LLC announced the launch of their two new SumikaSuper LCP grade for electronic industry. They are specially designed to meet the problems faced by fine-pitch connectors. SumikaSuper SZ6505HF has ability to provide thickness at or more than 0.10 mm and provide faster flows of parts and SumikaSuper SR2506 has flow at or below 0.08 mm
- In April 2018, Polyplastics Co. Ltd., announced the launch of their new series of low-dielectric liquid crystal polymers Laperos E420P which is specially designed for the communication devices. The main aim of the launch is to meet the rising demand for low dielectric materials so that they can meet the autonomous automobiles requirement for 5G and V2X telecommunications. This will also help the company to expand their product portfolio
Global liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates market are Celanese Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Company, Polyplastics Co., Ltd., UENO FINE CHEMICALS INDUSTRY,LTD., TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Solvay, KURARAY CO., LTD., RTP Company, PolyOne Corporation, Rogers Corporation, Zeus Industrial Products, Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., LOTTE Fine Chemical, TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd., Stack Plastics, CALSAK CORPORATION, Merck KGaA, and others
Research Methodology: Global Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films and Laminates Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved