Global Long Fiber Thermoplastics Market By Resin Type (Polypropylene, Polyamide, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polyether Ether Ketone, Polyphenylene Sulfide), Product Type (Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics, Short Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics, Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics, Glass Mat Thermoplastics), Fiber Type (Glass Fiber, Carbon Fiber), Manufacturing Processing (Pellet Pultrusion Processing, Injection Moulding, Direct), Application (Automotive, Aerospace, Electrical & Electronics, Constructions, Consumer Goods, Sporting Goods, Marine, Industrial Goods, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Long Fiber Thermoplastics Market
Global long fiber thermoplastics market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 8.71% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in the market value can be attributed due to the surge in the demand in end user industries like defense, automobile, electronics and others. Heat resistance, dimensional stability, and radiolucency are the properties which is driving the market. They are lightweight and enhance the performance in the automobile sector.
Market Definition: Global Long Fiber Thermoplastics Market
Long fiber thermoplastics are a long fiber strengthened innovative structural products which usually emphasizes on semi-structural and metal replacement applications. These are designed precisely for the realization of most synergism between: style freedom, weight reduction, high performance, functions integration and per-part price economy through quick cycle times.
- Surge in the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles, is driving the market
- Due to exceptional and unique properties and characteristics of long fiber over short fiber thermoplastics, this factor boosts the market growth
- Less generation volatile organic compounds and recycling capabilities, drives the market
- Growth of aerospace industry, will foster the growth of the market
- Due to the presence of manufacturing hubs of luxury automakers, there is a growth expected in this market
- Weaker mechanical properties and better value than thermosets, restricts the market growth
- High manufacturing as well as high processing cost, will act as restraint for the market
- Fluctuation in the prices of raw materials, can also hinder the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Long Fiber Thermoplastics Market
By Resin Type
- Polybutylene Terephthalate
- Polyether Ether Ketone
- Polyphenylene Sulfide
By Product type
- Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics
- Short Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics
- Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics
- Glass Mat Thermoplastics
By Fiber Type
- Glass Fiber
- Carbon Fiber
By Manufacturing Processing
- Pellet Pultrusion Processing
- Injection Moulding
- Upper Front-End Module
- Door Module
- Service Panel
- Underbody Shields
- Running Boards
- Consumer Goods
- Sporting Goods
- Industrial Goods
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2017, PlastiComp Inc., announced that it has added a new manufacturing line in long carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic composite pellets which will increase its production capacity and enhance the overall productivity.
- In October 2015, Solvay made an acquisition of Epic Polymers GmbH so that they could produce sophisticated tailored materials which will offer superior thermal and mechanical properties which are coupled with strength and stiffness at high temperatures and high impact resistance. The acquisition will expand the capacity of PlastiComp’s for manufacturing long carbon fiber products.
Global long fiber thermoplastics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of customer of long fiber thermoplastics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global long fiber thermoplastics market are RTP Company, PolyOne Corporation, PlastiComp, Inc., Daicel Polymer Ltd., Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd., The Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials Group Of Companies, Polymer Group Ltd, SGL Carbon, SKYi Composites Pvt. Ltd., Great Eastern Resins Industrial Co. Ltd., Celanese Corporation, Solvay, Asahi Kasei Corporation, LANXESS, SABIC, PPG Industries, Inc., BASF SE, DIEFFENBACHER GMBH Maschinen- und Anlagenbau, JNC Corporation, Kingfa SCI. & TECH. CO., LTD., Owens Corning, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Momentive among others.
Research Methodology: Global Long Fiber Thermoplastics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved