Global Lung Cancer Surgery Market By Type (Surgical Instruments, Monitoring & Visualizing Systems), Procedure (Robotic Surgery, Thoracotomy, Lobectomy, Sleeve Resection, Endobronchial Surgery, Pneumonectomy, Percutaneous Surgery, Segmentectomy, Minimally Invasive Surgeries), Treatment (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Research Laboratories), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Lung Cancer Surgery Market
Global lung cancer surgery market is registering a substantial CAGR of 8.50% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the surge in the incidences of lung cancer across the globe. There is a massive rise in the statistics of smokers globally. The advent of new technology and the increase in the awareness levels of the general population is driving the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Lung Cancer Surgery Market
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the lungs where in the initial tumors develops and a person experiences a problem in breathing. It is the most detected cancer among the global population. Tobacco smoking, exposure to secondhand smoke, radon gas and asbestos are the leading causes of lung cancer. A surgical method or procedure is followed for the removal of tumor. Some people experience pain and complications after the surgery but it usually controlled by the medication. There are generally two types of lung cancer; small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer.
- Due to technological advancement and upgradation in lung cancer treatment there is a rise in the market growth
- With increase in the number of incidences and prevalence of lung cancer globally the market growth is enhancing
- With the rise in the geriatric population also boosts the market growth
- High awareness levels among the general population about cancer treatment is driving the market growth
- Increasing pollution levels of cigarette smokers globally can drive the market growth
- With an increase in government funding for research & development of new drugs and treatment procedures the market is also showing positive growth
- High cost of lung cancer surgery is restraining the market growth
- Lack of skilled personnel’s for lung cancer treatment is propelling the market growth
- Lack of infrastructure and proper healthcare facilities is hampering the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Surgical Instruments
- Rib Shears
- Monitoring & Visualizing Systems
- Cameras & Video Support
- Endoscopic Trocars with Optical Views
- Endosurgical Equipment
- Robotic Surgery
- Sleeve Resection
- Endobronchial Surgery
- Percutaneous Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Intuitive Surgical declared that they have received clearance for the da Vinci SP surgical system, for use in certain transoral otolaryngology procedures in adults. The FDA cleared the single port approach for lateral oropharyngectomy procedures and tongue based resection. This technology will enable the invasive experience for complex procedures
- In February 2019, Intuitive Surgical, a global leader, proclaimed that the US Food & Drug Administration cleared the ION endoluminal system to enable minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung. The main aim of Intuitive Surgical is to create plans to begin customer shipments in the second quarter. The Flexible robotic catheter helps the doctors and surgeons to reach the nodules in the peripheral lung. The ION system uses an articulating catheter that can move 180 degrees in all directions which helps the surgeon to reach the accurate location
- In May 2016, Accuray Incorporated came into collaboration with MedPhoto GmbH so as to integrate its imagingRing volumetric image guidance system into Accuracy Cyberknife radiosurgery system. The system provides a variety of imaging capabilities comprising of the large field-of-view cone beam CT. This would enhance & increase the overall productivity. This collaboration will provide innovative solutions improving the lives of cancer patient
Global lung cancer surgery market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of lung cancer surgery market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global lung cancer surgery market are Accuray Incorporated, Ethicon US LLC, Intuitive Surgical, AngioDynamics, Olympus Corporation, KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Scanlan International, TROKAMED GmbH, Pfizer Inc., F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Genentech Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Abbott, Boston Scientific Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Smith & Nephew, Medtronic, Richard Wolf GmbH, BD, Baxter, General Electric and others
Research Methodology: Global Lung Cancer Surgery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global lung cancer surgery market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)