Market Analysis: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 4.014 billion to an estimated value of USD 9.93 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.0% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing in demand of drugs against bacterial skin infections.
Market Definition: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
Macrolides antibiotics are bacteriostatic with a broad spectrum. It is having -positive bacteria. Currently available macrolides are well tolerated, orally available and widely used to treat mild-to-moderate infections. Several macrolide antibiotics have been linked to liver injury. Five macrolide antibiotics are currently available: erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin, fidaxomicin and telithromycin
According to World Health Organization, there were an estimated 900 million people are suffering from skin infection related disease in world This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- There is increase in skin infections is expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- Rise in demand of drugs against bacterial skin infections is also expected to drive the market growth
- There is risk of sudden cardiac death due to Macrolide antibiotics increase is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
By Drugs Type
By Market Type
- Mycoplasma Pneumoniae
- Legionella Sp.
- Bordetella Pertussis
- Symptomatic Cat-Scratch Disease
- Cerebral Toxoplasmosis
- Skin Infections
By End User
- Dermatology Clinic
- Ambulatory Center
- Research Laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2017, Cempra merged with Melinta Therapeutics, Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections.
With this Merger Melinta Therapeutics made their step in global antibiotic market.
- In May 2018, NTC has acquired some Novartis antibiotic products NTC S.r.l. provides research, development, and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products in the fields of ophthalmology, gastro-metabolism, pediatrics, and women health. With this Merger NTC will diversify their market in Spain.
Competitive Analysis: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
Global macrolide antibiotics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of macrolide antibiotics market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global macrolide antibiotics market are Merck & Co.(US), Pfizer Inc. (US), Sandoz International GmbH (Germany) , Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Israel), GlaxoSmithKline plc.(UK), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (US), Bayer AG (Germany), Abbott, Novartis AG (Switzerland), Sanofi(France) , AstraZeneca(UK) , F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland), Cempra, Inc. (US), Zikani Therapeutics Inc. (US), SM Biomed (Malaysia), Barkat Pharmaceutical Group (Syria), Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Manufacturing (India), Mustafa NevzatİlaçSanayii A.Ş. (Turkey), Zhejiang Guobang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (China), Tianyin Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. (China), Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association(JPMA) (Japan) and Murli Krishna Pharma (India) among others.
Research Methodology: Global Macrolide Antibiotics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global macrolide antibiotics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)