Global Malaria Treatment Market By Drugs Class (Artemisinin-Based Combination Therapies (ACTs), Chloroquine Phosphate, Vaccines and Others), Drugs (Mefloquine, Primaquine Phosphate, Quinine Sulfate, Artemether & Lumefantrine, Mosquirix and Others), Treatment (Medication, Supportive Care, Vaccination and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Malaria Treatment Market
Global malaria treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of malaria in tropical and sub-tropical regions along with the rise in investment from government, public & private organizations for the development of novel drugs.
Market Definition: Global Malaria Treatment Market
Plasmodium parasites are the main causative reason for malaria infection. When the female Anopheles mosquitoes, already carrying the parasite bites the humans, the parasite is released into the bloodstream than they travel to the liver, where their maturation occurs, before they enter the the bloodstream and begin to infect the RBC. After 48 to 72 hours of infection, the parasites inside the red blood cells multiply, causing the infected cells to burst open resulting in symptoms such as chills, fever and sweating that occur in cycles that last two to three days at a time. According to W.H.O, in 2017 there were an estimated 219 million cases of malaria in 87 countries and deaths stood at 435 000. African Region had the highest prevalent rate of malaria in 2017; the region was home to 92% of malaria cases and 93% of malaria deaths
- Increasing prevalence of malaria in tropical and sub-tropical regions is driving the market growth.
- Increased government funding to fight against malaria is accelerating the market growth
- Unmet market needs of managing malaria burden around the world is also boosting the market growth
- Rise in medical insurance in developing countries is acting as catalyst in the growth of this market
- Lack or insufficient healthcare infrastructure in underdeveloped and developing regions is hampering the market growth
- Lack of awareness related to symptoms of malaria in developing countries also restricts the market growth
Segmentation: Global Malaria Treatment Market
By Drugs Class
- Artemisinin-Based Combination Therapies (ACTs)
- Chloroquine Phosphate
- Primaquine Phosphate
- Quinine Sulfate
- Artemether & Lumefantrine
- Supportive Care
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In April 2019, La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company received the U.S FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation for LJPC-0118, an investigational drug for the treatment of severe malaria. This designation is a key regulatory milestone for the company and it will help the company to work closely with the U.S FDA for the further development of the drug
- In July 2018, GlaxoSmithKline plc received the U.S FDA approval for tafenoquine (Krintafel) for the "radical cure" of Plasmodium vivax malaria in patients aged more than 16 years, who are receiving antimalarial therapy for acute infection. This was the new medicine approved after decades to counter P. vivax malaria relapse and to provide potential treatment for vulnerable patients that need it most
Global malaria treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of malaria treatment for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global malaria treatment market are Merck & Co., Inc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Mylan N.V, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Baxter, Amyris, Advanz Pharmaceutical, Lannett, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Zydus Cadila, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, LUPIN, NATCO Pharma Limited, Ipca Laboratories Ltd, Alvogen among others.
Research Methodology: Global Malaria Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global malaria treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players