Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market, By Stage (Stage 0, Stage I, Stage II, Stage III, Stage IV, Recurrent), By Therapy (Surgery, Radiation, Chemotherapy, Biological Therapy/Targeted Therapy, Inhibitors), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
The global malignant melanoma treatment market is estimated to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 6.15 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 15.39 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.15% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the late phase of drug trials and approval by the authorities in the forecast period.
Market Definition: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that occurs due to the prolonged unwanted exposure to ultra-violet rays or radiation; it leads to mutations in skin cells which then leads to formation of malignant tumors. It causes a large number of deaths, due to it being an advanced form of cancer. The treatments available to melanoma depends on the stage of the cancer, it can be completely surgically removed if diagnosed at an early stage, but at a later stage it becomes severe and lethal.
- Presence of a number of drugs in pipeline and their expected approvals is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing presence of melanoma cancer and increased number of deaths related to the disease is also expected to drive the market growth
- Side effects associated with the therapeutics available in the market is also expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Presence of a few approved drugs available in the market is expected to restrain the market growth initially
Segmentation: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
- By Stage
- Stage 0
- Stage I
- Stage II
- Stage III
- Stage IV
- By Therapy
- Taxol (Paclitaxel & Carboplatin)
- Biological Therapy/Targeted Therapy
- T-VEC (Imlygic)
- Nivolumuab (Opdivo)
- Ipilimumab (Yervoy)
- Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
- Peginterferon alpha 2-b (Sylatron)
- Interleukin-2 (IL-2; Proleukin)
- Vemurafenib (Zelboraf) & Cobimetinib (Cotellic)
- Dabrafenib (Tafinlar) & Trametinib (Mekinist)
- Vemurafenib (Zelboraf)
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, Array BioPharma Inc., announced that US Food and Drug Administration approved BRAFTOVI and MEKTOVI in combination with each other for the treatment of patients suffering from unresectable melanoma.
- In March 2017, Daiichi Sankyo announced a new drug discovery project in collaboration with AgonOX Inc., for the development of immunotherapy drugs in the oncology segment.
Competitive Analysis: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
The global malignant melanoma treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of malignant melanoma treatment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market are Biogen, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Enzon Pharmaceuticals Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Aptose Biosciences, Merck KGaA, ONO PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD., DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY LIMITED, Reliance Industries Limited, CK Life Sciences Int’l. (Holdings) Inc., Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, AB SCIENCE, Array BioPharma, Eisai Co. Ltd., Exelixis Inc., Novartis AG, Amgen Inc., Pfizer Inc., QIAGEN, TC BioPharm Ltd., and AstraZeneca.
Research Methodology: Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of Global Malignant Melanoma Treatment Market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)