Global Meat Substitutes Market, By Category (Frozen, Refrigerated, Shelf-Stable), By Type (Tofu & Tofu Ingredients, Tempeh, Textured Vegetable Protein , Other Soy Products, Seitan, Quorn & Other Meat Substitutes), By Source (Soy, Wheat, Mycoprotein & Others), By Geography (APAC, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America & South America)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Meat Substitutes Market
The Global Meat Substitutes Market is expected to reach USD 7.36 billion by 2025, from USD 4.33 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6.85% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Meat Substitutes Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the meat substitutes market in the next 8 years. Meat substitutes are products, which are similar to actual meat in terms of taste, appearance and flavour. They are also a healthier and nutritional substitute. Meat substitutes are composed of ingredients such as soy, wheat, and others. Tofu is one of the most popular meat substitutes, and widely used as an alternative for pork, chicken, beef, and other meats. Increase in obesity rates and health problems like heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, and others across the world. These health issues have declined consumption of meat, and promoting substitute meat products, which are high in nutritional value, have similar taste & texture as meat. Health benefits of meat substitutes over meat are a major growth factor among consumers. Other factors driving the market are innovative product launches by players operating in the market and attractive marketing and positioning strategies. However, a variety of low-cholesterol meat products available in the market including lean meats may restrict the growth of the market.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Health benefits of meat substitutes
- Rising health concerns due to increasing obesity levels.
- Technological advancements to develop new product lines.
- Increased preference for vegetarian and vegan foods.
- Ill effects of consuming meat substitutes.
Market Segmentation: Global Meat Substitutes Market
- The global meat substitutes market is segmented based on category, type, source.
- Based on category, the global meat substitutes market is segmented into frozen, refrigerated and shelf-stable.
- On the basis of type, the global meat substitutes market is segmented into tofu & tofu ingredients, tempeh, textured vegetable protein, other soy products, seitan, quorn and other meat substitutes. The other soy product is further sub segmented into miso, yaso, and nattô. The other meat substitute is further sub segmented into risofu, valess, lupine and pea protein.
- On the basis of source, the global meat substitutes market is segmented into soy, wheat, mycoprotein and other sources. The other sources is further sub segmented into rice, peas, pulses, and milk
- Based on geography, the global meat substitutes market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Meat Substitutes Market
The global meat substitutes market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of meat substitutes market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Meat Substitutes Market
Some of the major players operating in the global meat substitutes market are Amy's Kitchen, Archer Daniels Midland, Beyond Meat, Blue Chip Group among others, ADM, DuPont, The Nisshin Ollio Group, Sonic Biochem Limited, MGP Ingredients, Garden Protein International, Beyond Meat, Amy’s Kitchen, Quorn Foods, KELLOGG NA CO., The Monday Campaigns, Inc ,Field Roast, Gardein, MorningStar Farms, The Kraft Heinz Company, LIGHTLIFE FOODS, Cauldron Foods, Sweet Earth Foods, Tofurky, and VBites, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Meat Substitutes Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others