Global Medical Ceramics Market, By Application (Dental and Orthopaedicand Cardiovascular, Surgical Instruments, Diagnostic Instruments and Other), By Material (Bioinert, Bioactive, Bioresorbable, Piezoceramics), By End Users (Hospitals & Surgical Centers, Others), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Medical Ceramics Market
The Global Medical Ceramics Market is expected to reach USD 23.10 Billion by 2025, from USD 13.64 Billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Medical Ceramics Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the medical ceramics market in the next 8 years. Medical ceramics are identified as biocompatible ceramic materials. They are used in the biomedical applications like bone implants and in dental problems. The major benefit of using ceramic in bone is that ceramic effectively is that ceramic effectively heals the defects by remodeling to host bone in six to twelve months. According to the specialist, the market value of medical ceramic is going to increase over the coming years as it is expected that ceramics will be used in the gene therapy and tissue engineering as well. Ceramic- braces are gradually replacing the market of metal braces. In December 2005, Ceradyne entered into the development partnership with 3M Unitek Corporation for Transcend brackets made from the transparent polycrystalline alumina (TPA). Because of highly porous, purity and resistance to staining and discoloration property of ceramic material enhancing the market value of ceramic in the oral care. Owing to its strength, toughness, bio-inert properties and low wear rates ceramic material are highly used in the femoral heads and total hip replacements. MIV therapeutics is under new generation biocompatible coatings and advanced drug delivery systems for cardiovascular stents. The other implantable medical devices are coated with hydroxyapatite (HAp).
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increase in the research and development in medical ceramic field
- Rising problem of hip and joint problems in the geriatric population
- Increase in the geriatric population
- Advancement in the plastic surgeries and wound healing technology
- Downward pricing pressure owing to its commodity nature
Market Segmentation: Global Medical Ceramics Market
- The global medical ceramics market is segmented on basis of material, application, end users and geography.
- Based on material, the global medical ceramics market is segmented into bioinert ceramics, bioactive, bioresorbable, piezoceramics. Bioinert is further sub segmented into zirconia, alumina and other bioinert ceramics. Bioactive is further segmented into hydroxyapatite and glass ceramics.
- Based on the application, the global medical ceramics market is segmented into dental, orthopaedic, cardiovascular, surgical, diagnostic, plastic and other applications. Dental applications are further segmented into dental implants, dental crowns & bridges, braces, inlays & onlays, dental bone grafts & substitutes. Orthopaedic applications are further sub segmented into joint replacement, fracture fixation and orthobiologics. Joint replacement is further segmented into knee replacement, hip replacement, shoulder replacement and others. Plastic surgery is further sub segmented into maxillofacial reconstruction, oculo-orbital surgery and dermal fillers.
- On the basis of end users, the global medical ceramics market is segmented into hospitals, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research and academic institutes, community healthcare, and other end users.
- Based on distribution channel, the global medical ceramics market is segmented into retail and direct tenders.
- Based on geography the global medical ceramics market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others
Competitive Analysis: Global Medical Ceramics Market
The global medical ceramics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical ceramics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market competitors/players: Global Medical Ceramics Market
Some of the major players operating in the medical ceramics market are Advanced Monolythic Ceramics, Advanced Ceramics Manufacturing, DePuy Synthes, Morgan Advanced Materials, Nobel Biocare Services AG, H.C. Starck GmbH, Kyocera Corporation, Stryker, Institut Straumann AG, Zimmer Biomet, CeramTec Group, CoorsTek Inc, Amedica, APC International, BCE Special Ceramics, CeraRoot, Bonesupport, Intra-Lock International, Innovnano, Media Data Systems Pte Ltd, Globus Medical Inc, Glidewell Laboratories, Friatec AG, Eurocoating spa, Dentium, Deltex Medical, Curasan Inc., 3M company. Bonesupport, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Ceramics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others