Global Medical Foods For Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market, By Products (Amino Acid, Glytactin with GMP Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula With Iron, Low-Calcium/Vitamin D-Free Infant Formula With Iron, Low Protein Food and Others), Age Group (Infants, Weaning, Adolescent, Adults), Diseases (Phenylketonuria (PKU), Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD), Homocystinuria, Methylmalonic Acidemia, Organic Acidurias, Propionic Acidemia, Isovaleric Acidemia, Disorders of Leucine Metabolism, Glutaric Acidemia Type I Renal Disease, Tyrosinemia Types I And II, Urea Cycle Disorders and Others), Forms (Powder, Liquids, gels and Others) Packaging (Can, Jar, Packets, Bottle and Others), Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies , Hospital Pharmacies, Drugs Stores, Online Pharmacies and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark Belgium, Russia, Turkey and rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, New Zealand and rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina and rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Oman and rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends & Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Global Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market
Medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market are expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 12.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 4,497.08 million by 2027 from USD. Rising incidence of inborn errors of metabolism, preference of dietary supplements over enzyme substitution therapy are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
The inborn errors of metabolism are a group of disorders in which the body fails to convert the food into energy. Due to the mutations in genes there is less or no production of a specific enzyme, these enzymes are responsible for breaking down certain substances. This leads to the accumulation of some substances which are toxic and leads to severe complications. In order to treat these disorders, they are given specific diets which are also known as medical foods under the supervision of physicians
Medical food demand has increased as compared to the precise year with increasing expenditure on medical food along with introduction of innovative products for new indications. In addition demand of medical food has increased because of government initiatives and programs for creating awareness about IEM. Further inadequate reimbursement scenario is expected to restraint the usage of medical food and is expected to slow down the growth of the medical food market in the forecasted period.
The medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market Scope and Market Size
Medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into six segments on the basis of products, age group, diseases, forms, packaging and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of products, global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into amino acid, glytactin with GMP amino acid-modified infant formula with iron, low-calcium/vitamin D-free infant formula with iron, low protein food and others. The amino acid segment is found to be increasing as there is a larger share of products that are amino acid based and also the number of people suffering from amino acid metabolic disorders is more.
- On the basis of age group, global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into infants, weaning, adolescent and adults. The infant segment is found to be dominating because the IEMs are detected more in the infants with the increasing number of new born screening procedures across the world.
- On the basis of diseases, global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into phenylketonuria(PKU), maple syrup urine disease(MSUD), homocystinuria, methylmalonic acidemia, organic acidurias, propionic acidemia, isovaleric acidemia, disorders of leucine metabolism, glutaric acidemia type I, renal disease, tyrosinemia types I AND II, urea cycle disorders and others.,. PKU phenylketonuria segment is found to be dominating as there is a higher incidence rate of PKU as compared to other inborn errors of metabolism. Moreover the medical food for PKU has the highest share.
- On the basis of forms, global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into powder, liquids, gels and others. Powder form is dominating the market has it is easy to consume wherever required and its shelf life is also long.
- On the basis of packaging, global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into can, jar, packets, bottle and others. Can segment is dominating the market as it provide proper safety of product from fungus and other microbes and it is also easy to maintain its shelf life for long period of time.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the global medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market is segmented into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, drugs store and other. Retail pharmacy segment as the medical foods only taken under prescription by doctors or healthcare professionals. After prescription, patient takes the product through retail pharmacy majorly and hence the revenue is highly generated through this segment seeking the benefits of bulk buying, discounts and easy availability of the products.
Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market Country Level Analysis
Medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market are segmented into six segments on the basis of products, age group, diseases, forms, packaging and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market report are the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark Belgium, Russia, Turkey and rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, New Zealand and rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina and rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Oman and rest of Middle East and Africa.
North America region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 because of increasing awareness regarding medical food and increasing focus on new born screening procedures. The U.S. is leading the growth of the North America market due to increasing government initiatives for improving the health conditions of people with inborn errors of metabolism. Germany is dominating the European market with the increasing reimbursement facilities related to medical foods. In Asia Pacific region, China is dominating in the market with increasing number of innovative products for new indications which has increased the demand for medical food in the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Partnership and New Product Launch in Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market
Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with medical food sales, impact of advancement in the medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market Share Analysis
Medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market competitive landscape provide details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market.
The major players covered in the report are Nestlé Health Science (A subsidiary of Nestle), Nutricia (A subsidiary of Danone), Solace Nutrition, Abbott, Mead Johnson & Company, LLC.(A subsidiary of Reckitt Benckiser), BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. (A subsidiary of Ajinomoto), Poa Pharma, PKU-MDmil, Dr.Schar AG/SPA Primus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pristine Organics Pvt. Ltd., APR, Ener-G foods, INC, Promin Metabolics, among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market.
- In March 2019, Nutricia opened a sustainable plant in Netherlands. The Nutricia Cuijk plant was a humungous investment and has increased the volume of specialized infant formula along with the increased revenue generation in the market.
- In June, Mead Johnson & Company, LLC. announced that it has been completely merged with Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (RB). It was expected that the Mead Johnson brand and business continued to boom with Reckitt Benckiser plc groups’ good innovation and marketing process.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the medical foods for inborn errors of metabolism market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for medical foods.
Customization Available: Global Medical Foods for Inborn Errors of Metabolism Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.