Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market By Modality (MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Mammography, Direct Digital Radiography, Digital X-Ray Computed Radiography, Others), Components (Visualization Software, Display Units, Display Controller Cards, CPUs, Others), Usage Mode (Thin Client, Thick Client), Application (Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Review, Advanced Imaging, 3D Imaging, Others), Clinical Specialty Type (Oncology, Cardiology, General Imaging/Radiology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedics, Liver, Neuro, Breast Health, Urology, Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Ambulatory Centers, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
Global medical imaging workstations market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1773.14 million by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased levels of innovative product variations being marketed by major manufacturers along with increased focus on advancing the solution offerings associated with the product.
Market Definition: Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
Medical imaging workstations are an accumulated diagnostic imaging system consisting of all the components required for the automation of imaging of patients. These workstations comprise several hardware and software components, which helps in accurate capture of diagnostic images independently. These images are stored in a centralized server known as (PACS) “Picture Archiving & Communication System”, through which the name PACS workstation is derived.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and patient pool suffering from various disorders requiring imaging diagnostic procedures; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing preference of consumers to utilize medical imaging workstations; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Formulation of various healthcare facilities is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Growth in adoption of digital operations to improve operations and automate the medical imaging processes; this factor is expected to foster growth of the market
- Large financial costs associated with the product offerings is expected to act as a restraint to the growth of the market
- Lack of technically knowledgeable professionals competent to handle these systems is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Direct Digital Radiography
- Digital X-Ray Computed Radiography
- Visualization Software
- Display Units
- Display Controller Cards
- Central Processing Units (CPUs)
By Usage Mode
- Thin Client
- Thick Client
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Clinical Review
- Advanced Imaging
- 3D Imaging
By Clinical Specialty Type
- General Imaging/Radiology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Breast Health
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Koninklijke Philips N.V. announced that they have acquired Carestream Health’s “Healthcare Information System” operations. This acquisition will improve Philips’ current offering for radiology imaging systems ensuring better management of data, operations in imaging systems along with expanding the service offerings to a greater geographical presence.
- In February 2019, Synopsys, Inc. announced the launch of “Simpleware ScanIP Medical” in the European region after they had received the CE marking for the same. This approval will enhance the reputation of Synopsys and would expand the application of this software for use in pre-surgical planning and converting the files from a medical device to an output system.
Global medical imaging workstations market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical imaging workstations market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global medical imaging workstations market are Accuray Incorporated; Alma IT Systems; Ampronix; CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION; Capsa Healthcare; Carestream Health; Carl Zeiss AG; FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation; GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY; Hologic, Inc.; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Medicor Imaging; Pie Medical Imaging B.V.; NVIDIA Corporation; Siemens Healthcare GmbH; Cerner Corporation; Materialise; Modernsolid Industrial Co., Ltd; HP Development Company, L.P.; afcindustries.com; Chimaera GmbH; Metaltronica S.p.A.; PLANMED OY; PaxeraHealth and Ultraviol among others.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global medical imaging workstations market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)