Global Medical Packaging Films Market, By Material (Plastics, Aluminum, Oxides), Product (High Barrier Films, Co-Extruded Films, Formable Films), Application (Blister Packs, Bags & Pouches, Lidding, Sachets, Tubes, Others), End-User (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
Global medical packaging films market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 5.75 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 8.46 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.95% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing healthcare expenditure amid rising cases of chronic diseases and various disorders.
Market Definition: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
Medical packaging films can be defined as the materials used for the process of pharmaceutical packaging. Pharmaceutical packaging is used for the protection and covering of the products to be used by the consumers. It acts as a layer of protection from the external factors and environmental conditions till the product reaches the consumer for use from the point of packaging of these products.
- Increasing healthcare expenditure amid rising cases of chronic disorders and diseases is expected to drive the market growth
- Rising demand for better quality and enhanced products for medical packaging films is also expected to drive the market growth
- Vulnerability and instability in the prices of raw materials required for the production is expected to restrain the market growth
- Stringent regulations and denial of packaging as an independent product by the authorities restrains the market growth as it requires pertaining to the specific needs of the manufacturers of healthcare market
Segmentation: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
- By Material
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- By Product
- High Barrier Films
- Metallized Films
- Coated Films
- Co-Extruded Films
- Formable Films
- Thermo-Formable Films
- Cold-Formable Films
- High Barrier Films
- By Application
- Blister Packs
- Bags & Pouches
- Blood Bags
- Parenteral Nutrition Bags
- Drainage Bags
- Biomedical Bags
- By End-User
- Medical Device
- By Region
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Amcor Limited announced that they have agreed to acquire Bemis Company Inc., with the combination of both the companies creating a global leader in packaging.
- In January 2017, Berry Global Inc. announced the completion of acquisition of AEP Industries, with this acquisition resulting in expanded product portfolio and capacity to produce.
Competitive Analysis: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
Global medical packaging films market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical packaging films market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the medical packaging films market are Amcor Limited, Berry Global Inc., DuPont, RENOLIT, Weigao group, Polycine GmbH, Covestro AG, Glenroy Inc., 3M, Wipak, TORAY INDUSTRIES INC., Klöckner Pentaplast, DUNMORE, TEKRA, COVERIS, Winpak Ltd., Bemis Company Inc., and Honeywell International Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Packaging Films Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete Market analysis and forecasting
- Market Definition, understanding the concept of medical packaging films
- Market Drivers and Restraints of the industry
- Market Segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key Players in the market and their analysis