Global Medical Textiles Market By Product (Surgical Gowns, Operating Room Drapes, Sterilization Wraps, Face Masks, Staff Uniforms, Hospital Bedding & Curtains, Wipes, Others), Fabric (Woven, Knitted, Non-Woven, Others), Application (Implantable Goods, Non-Implantable Goods, Extracorporeal, Healthcare & Hygiene Products, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Medical Textiles Market
Global medical textiles market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 22.97 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising awareness regarding prevention of spread of infections with the usage of these products amid incidences of life-threatening hospital-acquired infections.
Market Definition: Global Medical Textiles Market
Medical textiles are specialised clothing products that are designed specially to prevent further spreading of infections, reduce the healing process and also prevent from contamination of wounds during surgery. These textiles include products from simple gauze to textiles required to cover up the implants utilized during surgery. These products are specifically designed to keep the patient’s healthcare safety first.
- Continuous advancement in technologies and innovations in product offerings; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing concerns and awareness regarding the availability of better offering of healthcare services & treatment methods; this factor is expected to enhance the growth of the market
- Increasing number of healthcare procedures amid a growth of the chronic population; this factor is expected to flourish the growth of the market
- Presence of strict compliances and regulations regarding the usage of certain materials & their manufacturing methods; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
- Lack of certain raw materials required for the consistent production of these products; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Medical Textiles Market
- Surgical Gowns
- Operating Room Drapes
- Sterilization Wraps
- Face Masks
- Staff Uniforms
- Hospital Bedding & Curtains
- Implantable Goods
- Artificial Ligaments
- Vascular Grafts
- Non-Implantable Goods
- Compression Bandage
- Elastic Bandage
- Wound Dressing
- Healthcare & Hygiene Products
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, Owens & Minor, Inc. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Halyard Health, Inc. for an approximate amount of USD 710 million. This acquisition will result in establishing Owens & Minor, Inc. as a leader of complete healthcare solutions and offerings as Halyard’s surgical and infection prevention will help in improving their product portfolio. Upon completion, Halyard Health, Inc. will become a brand of Owens & Minor, Inc. transforming their name to O&M Halyard.
- In August 2016, Confluent Medical Technologies announced that they had completed the acquisition of ETE Medical resulting in the subsequent acquisition of its subsidiaries “Biomedical Structures” and “Modified Polymer Components”. The combined organization will provide better quality of products with leadership technologies and improved manufacturing capabilities of the company.
Competitive Analysis: Global Medical Textiles Market
Global medical textiles market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical textiles market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Medical Textiles Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global medical textiles market are ATEX TECHNOLOGIES; Bally Ribbon Mills; Vestagen Protective Technologies, Inc.; Proxy Biomedical; LifeThreads LLC; Strategic Partners, Inc.; Elkem Silicones; Confluent Medical Technologies; Freudenberg Performance Materials Holding SE & Co. KG; Medical Grade Innovations; Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation; Cardinal Health; Getinge AB; SurgicalMesh; Schouw & Co.; Medtronic and O&M Halyard.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Textiles Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure