Global Medicated Confectionery Market By Type (Hard Candies, Pastilles, Chewing Gums, Others), Function (Throat Irritation, Respiratory Congestion, Allergies, Others), Distribution Channel (Warehouse Clubs, Convenience Stores, Specialist Retailers, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Variety Stores, Online Retail, Department Stores, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Medicated Confectionery Market
Global medicated confectionery market is set to witness a steady CAGR of 2.75% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising demand for sugar free confectionary and increasing adoption of western lifestyle is giving rise to allergic rhinitis are the factors for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Medicated Confectionery Market
Medicated confectionaries are mainly used in the development of drugs for various conditions such as tract congestion, colds, cough, throat irritations and others. If any medicine contains vitamin, herbal extracts and antacids are also considered as confectionary products. Hard candies, chewing gums and pastilles are some of the common types of the medicated confectionary. These medications are tasty and can be easily consumed by the children.
- Rising demand for active ingredients in confectionery will drive the market growth
- Ban on smoking in public areas will also propel the market growth
- Increasing cases of allergy and hay fevers will also accelerate the growth of this market
- Growing awareness about the treatment of minor ailments is also enhancing the market growth
- Volatility in the sugar prices will restrain the market growth
- Strict government regulations is also hampering the growth of this market
- Risk associated with the counterfeit is also restricting the market from growing
Segmentation: Global Medicated Confectionery Market
- Hard Candies
- Chewing Gums
- Throat Irritation
- Respiratory Congestion
By Distribution Channel
- Warehouse Clubs
- Convenience Stores
- Specialist Retailers
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Variety Stores
- Online Retail
- Department Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, Baker Perkins announced the launch of ServoForm Mini which is a mall batch depositor for the functional and medicated confectionery sector. The main of the launch is to meet the demand of the customer for easy and tasty method as compared to the pills and capsules. This is very beneficial for the patients who want to stay healthy but want to avoid medication
- In November 2014, Fisherman’s Friend announced the launch of their Original Extra Strong multipack. The main aim of the launch is to provide the customer with bulk medicated confectionery products so that they can ease their winter ails
Global medicated confectionery market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medicated confectionery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global medicated confectionery market are Ernest Jackson, Procter & Gamble, Ricola, Cargill, Incorporated, Baker Perkins., Lozen Pharma, A.L.Simpkin & Co. Ltd, Cafosa Gum, Enorama Pharma, SKYEPHARMA PRODUCTION SAS, Mastix LLC, PHARMACEUTICALS, Piedmont Candy Company, Hamac Food Industries Sdn Bhd, Swan Sweets Pvt. Ltd, MIlan Laboratoies (India) Pvt. Ltd, NCK Pharma Solutions Private Limited, E.B. CREASY, Fisherman's Friend, Mondelēz International., Tereos and others.
Research Methodology: Global Medicated Confectionery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure