Global Menopause Drug Market By Stages Type (Perimenopause, Menopause, Postmenopause), Treatment Type (Non-Hormonal Treatment, Hormonal Treatment and Herbal Supplements), Product Type (Patch, Pill, Gel, Injectable, Cream, Others), Route of Administration Types (Oral, Injectable, Topical), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Menopause Drug Market
Global menopause drug market is rising gradually with a steady CAGR of 4.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Vulnerable women population and emergence of drugs used in the treatment of complications such as bleeding, heart attack, stroke, and pain associated with menopause are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Menopause Drug Market
Menopause is a physiological process when women stop producing estrogen hormones and their menstrual periods are stop. It may occur naturally, or may acquire due to chemotherapy or a surgery. The women with menopause may experience hot flushes, tiredness, low mood, low concentration and memory troubles.
According to the statistics published in National Center for Biotechnology Information, it is estimated over 47 million women entered into menopause stage annually. According to population projection, the total postmenopausal population will projected to 1.2 billion by the year 2030. Growing incident rate of postmenopausal population and rising awareness about women’s health are the key drivers for market growth.
- Accelerates demand of novel therapies and newer development
- Vulnerable aging population of menopause women
- Strategic collaboration and licensing deal between the companies
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate knowledge about menopause in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Menopause Drug Market
By Stages Type
- Non-Hormonal Treatment
- Hormonal Treatment
- Estrogen-Only Medicines
- Progestin-Only Medicines
- Micronized progesterone
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate
- Combination Estrogen and Progestin Medicines
- Estradiol and norethindrone acetate
- Estradiol and drospirenone
- Estradiol and levonorgestrel
- Estrogen-Only Medicines
- Herbal supplements
By Product Type
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd received the abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) approval from the FDA for estradiol, for the treatment of atrophic vaginitis due to menopause. With the approval of estradiol vaginal inserts the company expands its generic product portfolio in the market.
- In May 2019, BioSyent Inc received the approval in Canada from the Health Canada for Tibella (tibolone), a hormone replacement therapy for the treatment of vasomotor symptoms due to estrogen low level in postmenopausal women. With the approval of Tibella the company expands its women’s health products portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Menopause Drug Market
Global menopause drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Global Menopause Drug Market market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Menopause Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global menopause drug market are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Cipla Inc, Allergan, Pfizer, Inc, Novo Nordisk A/S, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Inc, Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Viramal Limited, EuroPharma USA, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Pantarhei Bioscience, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Solvay, Shionogi Inc, BioSyent Inc., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A. and many others.
Research Methodology: Global Menopause Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global menopause drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players