Global Metal Cans and Glass Jars Market By Application (Metal Cans, Glass Jars), End-User (Food, Beverages, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Metal Cans and Glass Jars Market
Global metal cans and glass jars market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased demand for environmental-friendly, recyclable packaging products globally.
Market Definition: Global Metal Cans and Glass Jars Market
Metal cans are rigid packaging products made out of a mixture of metals, providing high levels of protection to the contents inside the package. These cans generally consist of a covering that is to be cut open/removed before the contents can be extracted and therefore are majorly single-use products.
Glass jars are also a type of rigid packaging solutions that are made out of molded glass consisting of a screw design at its one end so that a lid can be attached to it, resulting in the jar being closed helping protect the contents inside. These jars are generally utilized for storing solids and liquids, preserving them for a long period of time without any harm.
- Increasing consumption of preserved, ready-to-cook/ready-to-eat food products is expected to augment growth of the market
- Increasing concern for the environment resulting in a reduction of non-biodegradable plastic solutions; this factor is expected to foster growth of the value
- Growth in the levels of investments undertaken by various manufacturers and authorities regarding recycling of metals and glass products; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing demand for flexible, lightweight packaging solutions is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Increasing adoption of bio-plastics and conventional plastics for packaging is also expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Metal Cans and Glass Jars Market
- Metal Cans
- Preserved Food
- Milk Powder
- Pet Food
- Glass Jars
- Preserved Food
- Milk Powder
- Pet Food
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Berlin Packaging announced that they had acquired Verrerie Calvet. Verrerie Calvet provides a wide range of packaging solutions ranging from glass, plastics, metal containers & closures for wines, seasonings, sauces, olive oil, marinades and spirits. Verrerie Calvet is set to be combined with Berlin’s “Bruni Glass” organization extending the range of glass packaging solutions available to their consumers. This will also significantly improve the presence of the company in Europe, especially France
- In March 2017, BWAY Corporation announced that they had completed the acquisition of metal packaging facility of BALL CORPORATION located in Hubbard, Ohio, United States. This will enable greater business growth of BWAY Corporation enabling greater facilitation and additional capacity for metal packaging solutions
Global metal cans and glass jars market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of metal cans and glass jars market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global metal cans and glass jars market are Ardagh Group S.A.; BALL CORPORATION; Crown; Bormioli Rocco S.p.A.; BWAY Corporation; Gerresheimer AG; HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KGaA; Piramal Glass Private Limited; SGD Pharma; Vetropack; Wiegand-Glas GmbH; Stölzle Glass; Berlin Packaging; Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited; Haldyn Glass Gujrat Ltd.; Hamedan Glass Company (public limited); Hindustan Tin Works Ltd and Kaira Can Company Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Metal Cans and Glass Jars Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete market analysis and forecasting
- Market definition, understanding the concept of metal cans and glass jars
- Market drivers and restraints of the industry
- Market segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key players in the market and their analysis