Global Metal Coatings Market, By Metal Type (Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Others), Technology (Liquid Coating, Powder Coating), Method (Electroplating, Electroforming, Galvanizing, Anodizing), Process (Coil Coatings, Extrusion Coatings, Hot Dip Galvanized), Resin Type (Polyester, Acrylics, Epoxy, Plastisol, Siliconized Fluoropolymer, Polyurethane, Others), End User Industry (Marine and Protective Coatings, Building and Construction, Automotive and Transportation, Consumer Goods and Appliances, Military and Defense, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Belgium, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, South Africa, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The metal coatings market is estimated to reach a value of USD 24.22 billion by 2028 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 6.4% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research report on metal coatings market provides analysis and insights regarding the various factors expected to be prevalent throughout the forecasted period while providing their impacts on the market’s growth.
Metal coating is a type of a surfaced layer applied on the other metal to protect them from corrosion. The metal coatings are corrosion resistant layer, durable and it also provides load bearing capability.
The increase in demand for fluoropolymer resin type continues to grow in the building and construction industry and is likely to influence the growth of the metal coatings market. In line with this, the high demand for metal coatings from the emerging region is also acting as a key determinant which will favor the growth of the metal coatings market over the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Furthermore, the favorable government regulations and high growth in automotive and appliances industries are also expected to positively impact the growth of the metal coatings market. The major factor which is expected to forward the growth of the market is the enduring and upcoming oil and gas projects.
However, the volatile raw material prices and composite material to replace painted aluminum, steel sheets in the building and construction industry are expected to act as key restraint towards metal coatings market growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Whereas, the strict and time-consuming regulatory policies is expected to challenge the growth of the metal coatings market in the above mentioned forecast period.
Furthermore, the emergence of electrical and electronics industry and the various initiatives taken by the government such as internet of things (IoT) and automation are expected to offer a variety of growth opportunities for the metal coatings market in the above mentioned forecast period.
This metal coatings market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographical expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on the metal coatings market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
Global Metal Coatings Market Scope and Market Size
The metal coatings market is segmented on the basis of metal type, technology, method, process, resin type and end user. The growth amongst the different segments helps you in attaining the knowledge related to the different growth factors expected to be prevalent throughout the market and formulate different strategies to help identify core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on metal type, the metal coatings market is segmented into aluminum, steel, stainless steel and others.
- On the basis of technology, the metal coatings market is segmented into liquid coating and powder coating. Liquid coating has further been segmented into water-based and solvent-based.
- On the basis of method, the metal coatings market is segmented into electroplating, electroforming, galvanizing and anodizing.
- The metal coatings market is also segmented on the basis of process into coil coatings, extrusion coatings and hot dip galvanized.
- Based on resin type, the metal coatings market is segmented into polyester, acrylics, epoxy, plastisol, siliconized fluoropolymer, polyurethane and others.
- The end user segment for the metal coatings market is segmented into marine and protective coatings, building and construction, automotive and transportation, consumer goods and appliances, military and defense and others. Marine and protective coatings have further been segmented into marine and oil and gas. Marine has further been sub-segmented into tanks, barges, hulls, engine rooms and SBM. Oil and gas has further been sub-segmented into pipeline, tubing, turbine and chimneys. Building and construction has further been segmented into interior and exterior. Interior has further been sub-segmented into HVAC, trim, ceiling grids, blinds, purlins and railing.
- The exterior has further been sub-segmented into roof and wall panels, doors, panel, windows, soffit and curtain walls. Automotive and transportation has further been segmented into interior and exterior. Interior has further been sub-segmented into trim, hitches, blinds, panels and oil filters. Exterior has further been sub-segmented into wall trim, door handle, windshield wipers, roof racks and bumper. Consumer goods and appliances have further been segmented into washing machines, refrigerators, microwave ovens, air conditioners, fans and cookers. Others have further been segmented into wind industry, solar industry and packaging. Wind industry has further been sub-segmented into turbine and blades. Solar industry has further been sub-segmented into panels and mirror. Packaging has further been sub-segmented into food, beverages and line cans.
Global Metal Coatings Market Country Level Analysis
The metal coatings market is analyzed and market size, volume information is provided by country, metal type, technology, method, process, resin type and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Israel, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) as a part of Middle East and Africa (MEA), Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America as part of South America.
North America leads the metal coatings market because of the increase in the aircraft production to meet the surging demand for automobiles. The U.S. metal coatings market is expected to experience an upward trend because of the constant and upcoming oil and gas projects and the rise in sales of automobiles. Asia-Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate over the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 due to the increase in the sales of consumer goods and appliances and rise in construction activities in emerging countries such as India and China.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as consumption volumes, production sites and volumes, import export analysis, price trend analysis, cost of raw materials, down-stream and upstream value chain analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of domestic tariffs and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Metal Coatings Market Share Analysis
The metal coatings market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to metal coatings market.
The major players covered in the metal coatings market report are PPG Industries Inc., DuPont, Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, The Sherwin-Williams Company, Axalta Coating Systems, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd., Beckers Group, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., Valspar, NOF METAL COATINGS GROUP, Alucoil, UMC, AZZ Inc., The Magni Group, Inc., FameLine Products, Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc, Hempel A/S and Technicoat s.r.o., among other domestic and global players. Market share data is available for global, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Customization Available : Global Metal Coatings Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in consulting and advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include production cost analysis, trade route analysis, price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), import export and grey area results data, literature review, consumer analysis and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.