Global Micro-LED Market, By Application (Display And Lighting), By Panel Size (Micro-Display, Small- And Medium-Sized Panel And Large Panel), By Industry Vertical (Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Advertisement, Aerospace & Defense And Others), By Geographical Segments (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East And Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Micro-LED Market
The Global Micro-LED Market accounted for USD 20.8 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 80.4% the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Micro-LED Market
Micro-LED is the cutting edge innovation in show. Micro-LED is otherwise called mLED, small scale LED or µLED. The small scale LED is a developing innovation in the level board show. The micro-LED furnishes a prevalent show with an improved differentiation when contrasted with LCD innovation. The Micro LED additionally gives better reaction in terms of time and aides in utilization of less vitality. It is created by assembling of electronic devices which are used in gadgets such as smartphones and smart watches. They also discover application in lighting. The organizations manufacturing Micro-LED specifically targets the buyers who has a keen interest in smart gadgets. A part of the Micro-LED is incorporated which helps in brighter showcasing in the devices like TV, smartphones and smart watches.
In spite of the fact that micro LEDs can be connected in showcases of different sizes, the assembling procedure and yield rates have a negative relationship with show determination requests. Subsequently, the items are being brought into to start with the little show applications. For example, as a result of its little size, wearable gadgets yields higher rates and high productivity contrasted with OLEDs. Furthermore, it has low energy consumption.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rise in demand for consumer electronics.
- Increasing demand for brighter and more power-efficient display panels for smartwatches, mobile devices, and AR/VR devices.
- Increasing demand for OLED displays.
- Huge investment requirement in infrastructure, equipment, and process development.
- Need for Different Manufacturing Processes.
Market Segmentation: Global Micro-LED Market
- The global micro-LED market is based on applications, panel size, vertical and geographical segments.
- Based on applications, the market is segmented into display and lighting. Display segment is further sub segmented into near-to-eye (NTE) devices (AR HMD and VR HMD), smartwatch, television, head-up display (HUD), smartphone and tablet, monitor and laptop and digital signage. Lighting segment is further sub segmented into general lighting and automotive lighting.
- Based on panel size, the market is segmented into micro-display, small- and medium-sized panel and large panel.
- Based on vertical, the market is segmented into consumer electronics, automotive, advertisement, aerospace & defense and others.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Micro-LED Market
The global micro-LED market is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of micro-LED market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Key Players: Global Micro-LED Market
The renowned players in the market are Industrial Technology Research Institute, Changchun Institute, III-V Lab, CEA Leti, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Jasper Display, Crystalwise Technology, Unimicron, Luminit, Macroblock, Aixtron, Aledia, ALLOS Semiconductors, CEA-Leti and Max Technologies among others.
Research Methodology: Global Micro-LED Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.