Global Microcarrier Market, By Product (Equipment, Consumables), Application (Vaccine Manufacturing, Cell Therapy, Other Applications), End-User (Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Microcarrier Market
Global microcarrier market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1208.77 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 1912.11 million in 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to increasing demand for vaccines that are cell-based and advancements in technology.
Market Definition: Global Microcarrier Market
Microcarriers are support matrix that facilitates the growth adherent cells in a bioreactor. They are non-toxic and finely particulate in nature. Microcarriers can be divided into two types based on the material, that is, natural and synthetic polymers. They are mostly used to grow virus producing and protein-generating adherent cell populations in the commercial production of vaccines and biologics at a large scale.
According to the Cell Culture Dish, currently there are 20 vaccines approved for the United States market that are produced by mammalian cell culture or in part by mammalian cell culture.The growing research on cell based biology and new product launches will help the market to grow in terms of awareness and market size.
- Increasing demand for mammalian cells in the research institutes and biopharmaceuticals industry is expected to drive the market growth
- Availability of private and public funding for research based on cells is also expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of research on cell biology is expected to restrain the market growth
- Limitations in of high-density cell culture production is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Microcarrier Market
- By Product
- Culture Vessels
- Cell Counters
- Filtration Systems
- Sera/Serum-Based Media
- Serum-Free Media
- Other Media
- Microcarrier Beads
- Untreated Microcarrier Beads
- Cationic Microcarriers
- Collagen-Coated Microcarriers
- Protein-Coated Microcarriers Application
- Vaccine Manufacturing
- Cell Therapy
- Other Applications
- End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Corning Incorporated and CytoSMART Technologies B.V. announced an agreement for cell counting device. Corning Incorporated would become an exclusive supplier of CytoSMART Technologies B.V ‘s new cell counter.
- In February 2018, Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) launched a mini bioreactor vessel for ambr 250 high throughput (ht) systems. It is designed for the growth of adherent cells on microcarriers and to enable scalable cell culture and rapid process development of vaccines.
Competitive Analysis: Global Microcarrier Market
Global microcarrier market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of microcarrier market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Microcarrier Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the microcarrier market are Fisher Scientific, Merck KGaA, and GENERAL ELECTRIC, Danaher Corporation, Corning Incorporated, Lonza, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Eppendorf AG, HiMedia Laboratories, and Sartorius AG .
Research Methodology: Global Microcarrier Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global microcarrier market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)