Global Microdisplay Market, By Product Type (NTE Display Devices, Projection Devices), By Technology (Digital light processing, Liquid crystal display, Organic light-emitting diode), By Resolution (1920×1080 & >1920×1080) By Vertical (Military, Defense, Consumer, Education, Medical), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Microdisplay Market
The global microdisplay market accounted for USD 750.3 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.8% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Microdisplay Market
A microdisplay is the display with a small screen. The screen usually is lesser than 2 inched diagonally. Owing to its miniaturized size it has applications, where a screen takes up a small size such as digital cameras, digital cameras and others. It has wide variety of usage in military, defense, and aerospace, consumer, education, commercial, industrial and enterprise, automotive, medical and others. In addition, microdisplays are widely used in the automotive sector for providing additional information to the driver with respect to night vision. Emergence of microdisplay-based holographic displays is expected to positively impact the market in coming years. Prominent players are involved in the development of various products in the field of micro display. For instance, in January 2015, the European Union launched a new project named as LOMID (Large cost-effective OLED microdisplays and their applications) with the aim of developing next-generation large-area OLED microdisplays for VR and AR applications. Furthermore, eMagin Corporation launched next generation family of digital interface Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) microdisplays, presented with low power requirements, high contrast imagery and no motion artifacts. In September, 2016, Himax Technologies, Inc. came into partnership with NUVIZ in order to develop a head-up display.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increased usage of portable devices
- Increased acceptance of microdisplay
- Growing demand for smart glasses
- Low performance at high temperatures
Market Segmentation: Global Microdisplay Market
- The microdisplay market is based on technology, resolution, type, application and geography.
- Based on product type the market is segmented into NTE display devices, Projection Devices and others. The NTE display devices segment is sub segmented into EVF and HMD. The HMD segment is sub segmented into AR smart glasses and VR headsets. The Projection Devices segment is sub segmented into pico-projectors and data projectors.
- On the basis of technology the market is segmented into digital light processing (DLP), liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS), liquid crystal display (LCD), organic light-emitting diode (OLED).
- On the basis of resolution the market is segmented into 1920×1080 and >1920×1080, 1024×768 and 1280×1024 , 800×600, 800×480, and 854×480, 640×480 and 640×360, <640×480 and 640×380.
- On the basis of application the market is segmented into military, defense, and aerospace, consumer, education, commercial, industrial and enterprise, automotive, medical and others.
- Based on geography the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Microdisplay Market
The global microdisplay market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Microdisplay Market
Some of the major players in the market are eMagin, Inc., UNIVERSAL DISPLAY, AU Optronics Corp., Kopin Corporation, Himax Technologies, Inc., MicroVision, Inc., Syndiant, LG Display Co., Ltd., Seiko Epson Corporation, Japan Display Inc., MICROOLED, Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., Microtips Technology, WiseChip Semiconductor Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Microdisplay Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.