Global Microtome Market By Components (Body, Knives, Others), Product (Instruments, Accessories), Application (Disease Diagnosis, Medical Research), Technology (Manual, Semi-Automated, Fully-Automated), End-User (Hospital Laboratories, Clinical Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industries, ASCs, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Microtome Market
Global microtome market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 5.55% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the high levels of expenditure being incurred on healthcare facilities and services.
Market Definition: Global Microtome Market
Microtomes are medical devices that are used to prepare the sample by slicing the different varieties of materials into extremely thin slices for undergoing a vast number of different processes. These devices are extremely important in conducting scientific activities, as they can prepare highly accurate sample preparation for different scientific studies and observations.
- Accelerated prevalence of various chronic diseases as well as high volume of cancer patients globally is expected to boost the growth of the market
- High demand associated with digital pathology studies can act as a market driver
- Growth in the levels of geriatric population along with greater awareness amongst patients regarding the benefits of early diagnosis of diseases is expected to fuel the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the lack of expertise amongst the population regarding the operability of these devices; this factor is expected to restrict the market growth
- Lack of favorable reimbursement policies for these devices amid reduction in the reimbursement policies is expected to hinder the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Microtome Market
- Rotary Microtomes
- Cryostat Microtomes
- Saw Microtomes
- Sliding Microtomes
- Sled Microtomes
- Vibrating Microtomes
- Laser Microtome
- Compresstome Microtomes
- Disease Diagnosis
- Medical Research
- Hospital Laboratories
- Clinical Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industries
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- Agriculture Industries
- Academic Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Sakura Finetek Japan Co.,Ltd.’s subsidiary “Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. announced that they had launched “Accu-Cut SRM 300 LT”, company’s locally manufactured manual microtome device. The device is the only available microtome with features enabling paraffin embedded tissue samples that can be achieved with high precision and safety. The device is also equipped with a number of modern features enabling greater ease of operations with this device
- In July 2017, AQUARO HISTOLOGY announced the launch of “Aquaro Wishbone”, a blade handling tool designed to prevent injuries prevalence during the replacement of microtome blades. This tool also helps in changing the alignment of the blade providing greater features than conventional methods enabling consumers to replace the blade without touching it with their hands
Global microtome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of microtome market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global microtome market are Amos Scientific Pty Ltd; Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH; Diapath S.P.A.; Histo Line Laboratories S.r.l.; Jinhua YIDI Medical Appliance CO.,LTD; MEDITE GMBH; Boeckeler Instruments, Inc.; Sakura Finetek Japan Co.,Ltd.; SLEE medical GmbH; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; BMS Microscopes b.v.; Auxilab; microTec Laborgeräte GmbH; MICROS AUSTRIA; Bright Instruments; LUPETEC; ZenithLabo; Medimeas, Brunel Microscopes Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global Microtome Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global microtome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)