Global Military Communication Market By Communication Type (Airborne, Air-Ground, Underwater, Ground-Based, Shipborne), Component (Systems, Services), Application (Command and Control, ISR, Routine Operations, Situational Awareness, Others), End-User (Land Forces, Naval Forces, Air Forces), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Military Communication Market
Global Military Communication Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 31.99 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 40.46 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 2.98% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased investments by the governments of various countries for the improvement and adoptions of innovative communication networks.
Market Definition: Global Military Communication Market
Military communications can be defined as the process of communication between armed forces/military personnel. During the earlier levels of this process, runners were designated to convey the message/information between the military personnel. This has transformed and developed into communication through electronic systems, satellite communication systems and visual aids.
- Rapid growth in demand for secure real-time transmission capabilities from the governments is expected to drive the market growth
- Growth in requirement in replacing the outdated communication systems is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence and strictness of variety of standards depending on the different military region; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
- Issues in the operations and integration of these systems with existing military protocols is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Military Communication Market
By Communication Type
- Satcom Systems
- Radio Systems
- Security Systems
- Communication Management Systems
- Radar & Sonar Systems
- Testing & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
- Command and Control
- Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Routine Operations
- Situational Awareness
- Emergency Response
- Emergency Medical Services
- Land Forces
- Naval Forces
- Air Forces
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Curtiss-Wright Corporation announced that they had completed the acquisition of Tactical Communications Group for approximately USD 50 million. This acquisition is expected to expand the operations and product capabilities.
- In November 2018, United Technologies (UTC) announced that they had completed the acquisition of Rockwell Collins; Rockwell Collins will be integrated into their business operations and renamed as Collins Aerospace operating within UTC’s Aerospace Systems. This acquisition will enable in becoming the leading supplier and manufacturer of communication, surveillance and navigation technology to various aerospace organisations.
Competitive Analysis: Global Military Communication Market
Global military communication market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of military communication market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Military Communication Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in military communication market are Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.; ROHDE&SCHWARZ; ASELSAN A.Ş.; Viasat, Inc.; Curtiss-Wright Corporation; Rolta India Limited; Thales Group; Airbus S.A.S.; General Dynamics Corporation; Harris Corporation; Collins Aerospace; Lockheed Martin Corporation; L3 Technologies, Inc.; Saab AB; EID; QinetiQ; BAE Systems; Cobham plc; Raytheon Company; Northrop Grumman Corporation; Elbit Systems Ltd.; Inmarsat plc; Rheinmetall AG; Kongsberg Group; Leonardo S.p.A. and Iridium Communications Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Military Communication Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved