Global Millets Market By Product (Organic, Regular), Application (Infant Food, Bakery Products, Beverages, Breakfast Food, Fodder), Distribution Channel (Trade Associations, Supermarket, Traditional Grocery Stores, Online Stores), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Millets Market
Global millets market is expected to rise from its estimated value by registering steady CAGR of 4.75% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing population is the major growth factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Millets Market
Millet is a variety of small-seeded grasses which are widely grown around the world as cereal crops for fodder and human food. A large volume of millet produced, is to be consumed and the remaining is used to produce beer, infant food and breakfast. It is a widely used to make breakfast products such as flakes and cereals. Millet beer is popular in African culture. The mostly grown millet is pearl millet. It is an important crop in India and parts of Africa. Millets are rich in of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Rising unsustainable nature of rice and wheat production will boost the growth of the market
- Increasing awareness in people about the health benefits related with millets consumption is a driver for the market
- High demand of fibrous food for breakfast meals and high gluten free food consumption is driving the growth of the market
- Growing online e-commerce sites owned by either retailers or processors will propel the market growth
- Short shelf life of millets will hamper the market growth
- High prices as compared to largely consumed grains is restraining the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Millets Market
- Infant Food
- Bakery Products
- Breakfast Fodder
By Distribution Channel
- Trade Associations
- Traditional Grocery Stores
- Online Stores
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Development in the Market:
- In April, 2018, Agri-business firm Syngenta sold some part of its seed business to Crystal Crop Protection for an unsaid amount. Syngenta is investing in the pearl-millet, sorghum and fodder business to have an attention and synergy to enlarge its field crop and vegetable seeds policies. After this acquisition of seeds from Syngenta, the company strengthened their seed portfolio
- In August, 2016, Indian state of Karnataka took initiative to promote millets by developing products and branding of Karnataka ragi (finger millet). The government of Karnataka will collaborate with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) and Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) to get powerful support from the industry
Global millets market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of millets market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global millets market are Sresta Natural Bioproducts Pvt Ltd, Janadhanya, IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill,Incorporated, Bayer AG, Seedway, LLC, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., BrettYoung, Ernst Conservation Seeds, Roundstone, Just Organik, Rich Millet, Kottaram Agro Foods Pvt Ltd, OceanWP Theme and Pramoda Exim Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Millets Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Chemical Manufacturers, Chemical specialists, Research Laboratories, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global millets market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)