Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market By Type (Minor, Major, Herpetiform), Indication Type (Aphthous Stomatitis, Oral Lichen Planus and Others), Drug Class (Corticosteroids, Analgesics, Antibiotics, Anti-Inflammatory Agents and Others), Formulation Type (Sprays, Mouthwash, Gels, Lozenges and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market
Global mouth ulcers treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR of 3.9 %in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Vulnerable geriatric population and rising awareness towards oral hygiene are the key factors that fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market
Mouth ulcers are also known as canker sores are small, painful lesions that develop on the soft tissue in the mouth including lips, cheek, tongue, floor and roof of the mouth and gums. It usually not serious, but it can be uncomfortable and difficult for some patients to eat, drink, and brush teeth.
According to a statistics published by the Patient Platform Limited, it was estimated that 4 % of total population in the U.S. is affected by aphthous ulcers, one of the most common causes of oral ulceration. Adoptions of unhealthy life style such as high consumption of junk foods and tobacco are the key factor for growth of this market.
- High prevalence of mouth ulcers and vulnerable geriatric population is propelling the growth of this market
- Increase in cases of thermal injuries to oral mucosa with hot food or liquids can expect to act as driver for the growth of this
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- The competitive scenario of market and strategic collaborations may boost the market position
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market
By Indication Type
- Aphthous Stomatitis
- Oral Lichen Planus
By Drug Class
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents
By Formulation Type
By Route of Administration
By End Users
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, INNOVATION received U.S. Patent entitled as “covers methods for treating and/or preventing mucositis with one or more compounds, or pharmaceutically acceptable salts” with US patent number 10206894 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis in patient with Head and Neck Cancer (HNC) receiving chemo radiation. This grant of patent provides additional key protections and broadens company’s intellectual property footprint in the oral mucositis therapeutic area.
Global mouth ulcers treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares global mouth ulcers treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global mouth ulcers treatment market are Colgate-Palmolive Company, Raptakos Brett & Co. Ltd, Pfizer Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, BLISTEX INC, Sinclair Pharma, Joincare Pharmaceutical Group Ind. Co, Blairex Laboratories, Inc, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Sunstar Suisse S.A, Church & Dwight Co., Inc, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, ICPA Health Products Ltd, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, 3M, Lyne Laboratories, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Nimble Pharmaceuticals, Akorn, Incorporated, Solace Biotech Ltd, onxeo and others.
Research Methodology: Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global mouth ulcers treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players