Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market By Product Type (Stand-Alone, Portable, Disposable), Wound Type (Surgical Wound, Diabetic Ulcers, Burn, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, Others), End User (Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, Ambulatory Centers, Home Healthcare, Clinics, Community Centers), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
Global negative pressure wound therapy devices market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 5.65 billion by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR of 6.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising aging and geriatric population and technological advancement in negative pressure wound therapy devices, increased number of surgical procedures, government support for promoting negative pressure wound therapy, rising incidence of diabetes.
Market Definition: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
Application of negative-pressure around the wound refers to Negative Pressure Wound Therapy. The wounded area is sealed by an adhesive film and then pump delivers a continuous and constant negative pressure around the wound bed. The devices consists products like conventional NPWT devices & single-use NPWT devices.
- Rising aging and geriatric population and technological advancement in negative pressure wound therapy devices
- Increased number of surgical procedures
- Government support for promoting negative pressure wound therapy
- Rising incidence of diabetes
- High cost of products is restraining the market growth
- Availability of substitute products is one of the restraints for the market
Segmentation: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
By Product Type
By Wound Type
- Surgical Wound
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
By Distribution Channel
- Direct Tenders
- Wound Care Centers
- Ambulatory Centers
- Home Healthcare
- Community Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2011, a new device name PICO- single-use NPWT which for the wound management in Negative-pressure wound therapy devices system launched by the SMITH AND NEPHEW.
- In 2016, Smith & Nephew announced its single use NPWT system, PICO which offers less complications and improved wound healing post the orthopedic surgery.
Competitive Analysis: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
Global negative pressure wound therapy devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of negative pressure wound therapy devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global negative pressure wound therapy devices market are KCI Licensing, Inc., Smith & Nephew Plc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, 3M, ConvaTec Inc, Cardinal Health, DeRoyal Industries, Inc., Lohmann & Rauscher, Talley Group Ltd, Medela AG, Genadyne, Wuhan VSD Medical Science & Technology Co., Ltd., Triage Meditech Pvt. Ltd., SunMed Medical, The Wound Vac Company LLC, Devon International Group, Inc., ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co. KG, HARTMANN, Pensar Medical, Galaxy Medical Products Inc and others.
Research Methodology: Global Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global negative pressure wound therapy devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)