Global Occlusion Devices Market By Product (Occlusion Removal Devices; Embolization Devices; Tubal Occlusion Devices; Support Devices); Application (Cardiology; Peripheral Vascular Diseases; Neurology; Urology; Oncology; Gynecology); End-User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers & Surgical Centers; ACCs; Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes); Sales Channel (Direct Sales; Distributor); Geography (North America; Europe; Asia-Pacific; South America; Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Occlusion Devices Market
Global occlusion devices market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 4.07 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the various innovations in technology resulting in advanced product offerings, along with greater focus on various diagnostic and treatment procedures utilizing these devices.
Market Definition: Global Occlusion Devices Market
Occlusion devices are medical device category that is utilized for the treatment of various defects and conditions in the patient’s body, ranging from cardiovascular, neurological, oncological, gynecology and various others. These devices are clinically tested and deemed effective in the removal of occlusion from various parts of the human body. Occlusion generally refers to blockage/closure of blood vessels or any organs.
- Increasing volume of population that are the target for usage of these devices; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing preference and adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures amid effective reimbursement policies for these procedures; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Enhanced levels of expansion activities for the manufacturing and distribution of these products in the developing region; this factor propels the growth of the market
- Effectiveness and efficiency clinically proven of these devices is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the limitations of procedures of CTO (Chronic Total Occlusion) treatments hinders the growth of the market
- Strict compliances and regulations regarding the approval of these devices for their commercialization also hampers this market growth
- Lack of technically skilled individuals required for minimally invasive procedures is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Occlusion Devices Market
- Occlusion Removal Devices
- Balloon Occlusion Devices
- Stent Retrievers
- Coil Retrievers
- Suction & Aspiration Devices
- Embolization Devices
- Embolic Cells
- Liquid Embolic Agents
- Tubal Occlusion Devices
- Support Devices
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers & Surgical Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers (ACCs)
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
By Sales Channel
- Direct Sales
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Avinger announced the commercial availability of “Ocelot” for the Australia region. “Ocelot” is an image-guided chronic total occlusion crossing system and has completed the registration with the “Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)” and has been permitted to be distributed throughout Australia. Its distribution will be handled by “Diverse Devices Pty. Ltd.
- In May 2018, Abbott announced the availability of real-world results for their “AMPLATZER Amulet left atrial appendage (LAA) occlusion device” for patients suffering from atrial fibrillation. The results indicated that the device helped in the overall reduction of stroke risk, transient ischemic attack and systemic embolism, not requiring blood-thinners
Global occlusion devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of occlusion devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global occlusion devices market are Terumo Corporation; Abbott; Acrostak Int. Distr. Sàrl; ASAHI INTECC CO., LTD.; Avinger; Boston Scientific Corporation; Cook; BD; Edwards Lifesciences Corporation; Medtronic; Stryker; Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.; KYOTO MEDICAL PLANNING Co., Ltd.; DePuy Synthes among others.
Research Methodology: Global Occlusion Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global occlusion devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)