Global Oligometastasis Treatment Market By Sites of Metastasis (Bones, Brain, Liver, Lungs, Others), Diagnosis (Ultrasound, CT Scan, Bone Scan, Others), Treatment (Organ Transplant, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Thoracentesis, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Oligometastasis Treatment Market
Global oligometastasis treatment market is rising gradually with the substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Huge investment in development of new drugs for treatment of oligometastasis and strengthening of new drug pipeline are some drivers of market growth.
Market Definition: Global Oligometastasis Treatment Market
Oligometastasis is a type of metastatic cancer that occurs when cancer cells form primary cancer site and travels through the body and form small number of new tumors called metastatic tumors. These metastatic tumors form in several parts of the body. It is also referred as stage IV cancer for several types of cancers. The process by which cancerous cells travel in the body is called metastasis.
The prevalence of oligometastasis is approximately 2-9% worldwide. The occurrence of metastatic cancer in males and females is similar.
- Rising prevalence of rare disease conditions such as oligometastasis drives the market growth
- High medical needs for patients with metastatic cancers is augmenting the market in the forecast period
- Collaborations between several small and large scale companies will introduce new products in the market also acts as a market driver
- Many drugs are in pipeline for newer therapies will also boost the market growth
- High cost therapies are expected to hinder the market growth
- Side effects related to the use of drugs and therapies for oligometastasis conditions hampers the market growth
- Lack of promising drugs for permanent treatment of metastatic tumors also restricts the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Oligometastasis Treatment Market
By Sites of Metastasis
- CT Scan
- Bone Scan
- Organ Transplant
- Radiation Therapy
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Merck & Co., Inc. received the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) approval for Keytruda, an anti-PD-1 therapy to be used in amalgamation with pemetrexed and platinum chemotherapy for treating patients with metastatic nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The continued approval of the drug candidate is expected to develop the new therapy for the treatment of metastatic cancer
- In October 2018, Philogen initiated phase II clinical trial of L19-IL2 (Darleukin), a fully-human immunostimulatory compound that is used for the treatment of patients with different oligometastatic tumors. This pipeline will develop a potential drug product for treatment of oligometastasis
Global oligometastasis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of oligometastasis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global oligometastasis treatment market are Merck & Co., Inc., Philogen, AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, CELGENE CORPORATION, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Promega Corporation, Amgen Inc., Akorn, Incorporated, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Genentech, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Oligometastasis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global oligometastasis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players