Global Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Market By Product (Cataract Surgery Devices, Refractive Surgery Devices, Glaucoma Surgery Devices, Vitreoretinal Surgery Devices, Ophthalmic Microscopes, Ophthalmic Surgical Accessories), Application (Cataract, Refractive, Glaucoma, Vitreoretinal, Diabetic Retinopathy, Others), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The ophthalmic devices are used in the diagnosis and treatment of eyes associated diseases such as peripheral vitreoretinal disease, vision loss due to aging, refractive eye state, glaucoma treatment, cataract surgeries and others in hospitals or other specialty clinics. Rising number of players to develop and launch of ophthalmic devices for the further enhancement such as, clear visualization by using ophthalmic microscopes, smart phone associated ophthalmic devices and devices being used for the glaucoma and cataract surgeries basically advanced from 2016 to 2018.
Global ophthalmic surgical instruments market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 10.1% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Market
Global ophthalmic surgical instruments market is segmented based on product, application, end user and geography.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into cataract surgery devices, glaucoma surgery devices, refractive surgery devices, vitreoretinal surgery devices, ophthalmic microscopes and ophthalmic surgical accessories
- In December 2018, Alcon the division of the Novartis AG announced the launch of iLux Device which is used in the customizable treatment for the dysfunction of meibomian gland. The expanding of the portfolio helps in the technology development and their availability.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into cataract, glaucoma, refractive, vitreoretinal, diabetic retinopathy and others
- In October 2018, Bausch + Lomb a division of the Bausch Health Companies Inc announced the introduction of eyeTELLIGENCE applications which can be opted on IBM Cloud to help in the surgical facility and eye surgeons.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics and ambulatory centers
- In February 2019, Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG announced the production of the 1000th laser FEMTO LDV. This has helped in the expansion of product portfolio
Competitive Analysis: Global Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are ZEISS International, Leica Microsystem, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Quantel Medical, Bausch Health Companies Inc., NIDEK CO., LTD., Novartis AG, Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd., Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems, HOYA Corporation, Lumenis, STAAR SURGICAL, IRIDEX Corporation, TOPCON CORPORATION, Takagi Ophthalmic Instruments Europe LTD., ACB MOLTENO, Medical Technical Products, IVIS Technologies, Aurolab, Inami & Co., Ltd. amongst others.
- In October 2018, Quantel Medical announced the launch of VITRA 810 laser and SubCyclo probe. The VITRA 810 laser and SubCyclo probe is used for the treatment of ocular diseases and offers clinical applications. The introduction of the device will sustain the position of the company in glaucoma treatment.
- In September 2018, Quantel Medical announced launch of the ABSoluultrasound platform. The product is designed with the advanced technology and provides unparalleled image quality at unexceptional level. The company has set a new position with launch of the product for ophthalmologist.
- In June 2018, Quantel Medical announced the launch of LacryDiag which is a solution for the dry eyes. The device is CE marked and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Research Methodology: Global Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.