Global Opioids Drug Market Industry By Types (Natural Opioids, Semi-Synthetic, Fully Synthetic), Mechanism of Action (Full agonists, Partial Agonists, Antagonists), Drug Type (Codeine, Fentanyl, Morphine, Methadone, Oxycodone, Acetaminophen, Naloxone, Meperidine), Applications (Analgesic, Acute Pulmonary Edema, Cough, Diarrhea, Anesthesia), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous, Intramuscular, intradermal, Subcutaneous and Others), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Opioids Drug Market
Global opioids drug market is raising gradually to an estimated a steady CAGR of 1.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market is due to rising number of disorders with chronic pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis, rising road accidents and trauma, increasing cases of surgeries and increasing awareness of the people regarding use and misuse of the opioids. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients, rising prevalence of disease conditions with chronic pain, such as cancer, lower back pain, arthritis, and fibromyalgia, rise in road accidents and trauma, coupled with increasing cases of surgical procedures and elevation in the abuse and misuse of the opioids.
Market Definition: Global Opioids Drug Market
Opioids are one of the classes of drugs that act on opioid receptors. Clinically they are used for pain management including anesthesia, acute pulmonary edema, diarrhea and many more. They are also used by patients recovering from surgery or experiencing severe pain associated with cancer. The side effect of opioids includes sleepiness, nausea and constipation among others.
According to the federal government report, in 2017 around 4,000 deaths reported in Canada due to opioid overdose, which is 34% more than 2016 year. Across the world Canadians are one of the highest users of prescribed opioids and the death rate and hospital visits are also increasing due to opioids use and misuse.
- Increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients is driving the market growth
- Rising prevalence of disease conditions with chronic pain, such as cancer, lower back pain, arthritis and fibromyalgia act as a catalyst for the market growth
- Rise in road accidents and trauma, coupled with constantly increasing cases of surgical procedures is elevating the market growth
- Increase in the opioids drug use and misuse around the world
- Uncontrolled prescription of opioids by the physicians and doctors is hampering the market
- Unregulated government policies regarding the use and misuse of the opioids hindering the market
- Lack of awareness among the patient about the use of the opioid drugs
Increase in the patent expiry of drugs which lead to launching of generic version of formulations. This can hinder the market and reduce the over prescription
Segmentation: Global Opioids Drug Market
- Natural opioids
- Semi-synthetic opioids
- Fully synthetic opioids
Mechanism of Action Type
- Full agonists
- Partial Agonists
- Acute Pulmonary Edema
Route of Administration Type
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In April 2019, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. received FDA approval for the first generic naloxone hydrochloride nasal spray, commonly known as Narcan and is a life-saving medication that can stop or reverse the effects of opioid overdose.
- In May 2016, Braeburn Inc., received FDA approval for the Probuphine, which is the first buprenorphine implant used for the maintenance and dependence treatment of opioids. It is designed to provide a constant, low-level dose of buprenorphine for six months in patients who are already stable on low-to-moderate doses of other forms of buprenorphine.
Competitive Analysis: Global Opioids Drug Market
Global opioids market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global opioids drug market for global Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Opioids Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global opioids market are Purdue Pharma L.P, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Titan Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Allergan, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, Mallinckrodt Company, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline plc, , Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Kamada Pharmaceuticals, Zyla Life Sciences,Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Opioids Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global opioids market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players