Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market, By Product Type (Light Instruments, Actuators, Sensors), Application (Neuroscience, Retinal diseases treatment, Hearing problem treatment, Behavioral tracking, Cardiovascular alignment, Pacing), Disease Type (Retinal Disorders, Parkinson’s disease, Anxiety & Depression, Autism, Schizophrenia, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
Global optogenetics actuators and sensors market is expected to to reach USD 593.50 million by 2026 from USD 526.86 million in 2018 at a CAGR of 1.50%. The report contains data from the historic year of 2017, and the base year of 2018. This healthy rise of market value can be attributed to the rising applications of the product due to the rapid technological advancements taking place in the market.
Market Definition: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
Optogenetics is one of the newly added techniques in neuroscience that uses optically activated proteins to control the neuronal function. Optogenetics provides treatment options for diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. These techniques allow activation or inhibition of the specific neurons with a high degree of temporal, spatial and neurochemical precision. This technique can be utilized to control movement of neuron and to understand the functioning of brain cells at cellular level.
According to WHO factsheet in 2016, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) ranked third among the globally causes of visual impairment with a blindness prevalence of 8.7 %.
- Expanded research in the field of ophthalmology and neuroscience is expected to drive the market.
- Different initiatives undertaken by international organizations like, NIH and WHO are also expected to drive the market growth rate.
- High cost of technology is expected to affect the market growth
- Ethical regulations for animal welfare, which is expected to affect the market growth rate.
Segmentation: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
- By Product Type
- Light Instruments
- Light Instruments
- Calcium sensors awquorin
- Membrane gated
- By Application
- Retinal diseases treatment
- Hearing problem treatment
- Behavioral tracking
- Cardiovascular alignment
- Disease Type
- Retinal Disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Anxiety & Depression
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2015, Elliot Scientific Ltd. launched ultra-high-power LED illumination systems with an output up to 4 watts. It incorporates modular components with the latest technology to provide mLED illumination systems that have output up-to 4 watts.
- In May 2015, Laserglow Technologies, launched a red wavelength solution (635 nm collimated diode). Laserglow also offers 635 nm laser systems in a single transverse profile model for demanding free space users.
Competitive Analysis: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
Global optogenetics actuators and sensors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of optogenetics actuators and sensors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the optogenetics actuators and sensors market are Elliot Scientific Ltd., Shanghai Laser & Optics Century Co. Ltd. (SLOC), GenSight Biologics, Danaher, Cohorent, Inc., Thorlabs, Inc., Prizmatix , Bruker, Scientifica, Judges Scientific plc, Addgene, THE JACKSON LABORATORY, Noldus Information Technology, Merck KGaA, agtc, Circuit Therapeutics, Inc., Laserglow technologies, REGENXBIO Inc., Cobalt International Energy, Inc. and Visual Solutions, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global optogenetics actuators and sensors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)