Global Osteoarthritic Pain Market By Disease Type (Hip, Wrist, Spinal, Finger Joints), Diagnosis (MRI, X-Rays), Treatment Type (Medication, Surgery, Therapy), Drug Class (NSAIDs, Opioids, Viscosupplements, Corticosteroids, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Non-Oral), Dosage Form (Solid, Liquid, Semi-Solid), Application (Hospitals, Clinics, Medical Institutes, Research Institutes, Pharmacy, Others), End-User (Professional Care, Home Care), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Osteoarthritic Pain Market
Global osteoarthritic pain market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the presence of a highly effective pipeline present with a number of drugs presently in the late-stages of their trials.
Market Definition: Global Osteoarthritic Pain Market
Osteoarthritic pain is the usage of various therapeutic and medicinal methods designed for the treatment of osteoarthritis, commonly known as degenerative bone disease. This is the most common arthritis form and is generally prevalent with continuous wear and tear of joints and is prevalent when the cartilage cushions between the bones degrade over a certain period of time. This disease is most common in knees, hips, spine and hands.
- Growing focus of authorities on various awareness programs and initiatives to improve the healthcare services; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- High volume of geriatric population worldwide acts as a market driver
- Growing prevalence of the disease worldwide will also boost this market growth
- Rising affordability of treatment and therapeutics for the disease and other healthcare services is another factor driving the growth of the market
- Complications associated with the various side-effects for the drugs will restrict the market growth
- Various patent expirations is expected to hamper the growth of the market
- Availability of therapeutics for the management of symptoms rather than the disease cure is expected to act as a restraint to the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Osteoarthritic Pain Market
By Disease Type
- Finger Joints
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
By Treatment Type
By Drug Class
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
By Route of Administration
By Dosage Form
- Medical Institutes
- Research Institutes
- Professional Care
- Home Care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, Pfizer Inc. in partnership with Eli Lilly and Company announced the top-line results from their Phase III study evaluating the effectiveness of “tanezumab” 2.5 mg or 5mg for patients suffering from moderate-to-severe osteoarthritis pain. The trial exhibited positive results in terms of physical functioning and patient comfort when compared to placebo
- In October 2017, Medical Devices Business Services, Inc., the medical devices division of J&J entered into a partnership with healthcare specialists regarding the treatment and solutions for old-age associated diseases and disorders. This partnership involved the organization of a campaign “Get Active” focused on spreading awareness regarding osteoporosis and osteoarthritis disease helping provide the population with information regarding the innovative modes of treatment currently available in the market
Global osteoarthritic pain market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of osteoarthritic pain market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global osteoarthritic pain market are Abbott; Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.; Novartis AG; Pfizer Inc.; Abiogen Pharma Spa; Merck KGaA; Crystal Genomics; Cytori Therapeutics Inc.; Eli Lilly and Company; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Mylan N.V. Sanofi; Bayer; ALMATICA PHARMA, INC; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Iroko Pharmaceuticals, LLC; AstraZeneca; Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH among others.
Research Methodology: Global Osteoarthritic Pain Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global osteoarthritic pain market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)