Global Outdoor LED Lighting Market By Offering (Hardware, Software and Services), Installation Type (Retrofit and New installation), Wattage (Less than 50 watt, 50-150 Watt, and more than 150 Watt), Application (Highway & Roadway, Architectural and Public Places, and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The outdoor led lighting can be defined as lighting sources that used for illuminating or lighting in the outdoor space. Consumers or Municipalities deploying these light solutions in the outdoor applications for enhancing the ambience beauty and security. Moreover, these lighting solutions are highly energy-efficient, offer longer lifespan compare to traditional lighting solutions. Moreover, outdoor LED lighting solutions have lower impact on the environment. These lighting solutions used in a variety of applications such as wall washing, lighting pathways, signage lighting, area lighting and more.
Global outdoor LED lighting is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 9.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Outdoor LED Lighting Market
The global outdoor LED lighting is segmented into following notable segments that are offering, installation type, and application.
- On the basis of offering, the market is segmented hardware, software, and services.
- In September 2017, the OSRAM Gmbh had launched Mid-power LED Osconiq P 2226. This LED solution especially manufactured for outdoor applications. These applications providing for horticultural and architectural lighting related application and apart from these it also providing lighting for indoor lighting systems, which includes restaurants and hotels. These products require luminous efficacy up to 100 lm/W. This factor propels the growth of the market.
- On the basis of installation type, the market is segmented into new installation and retrofit installation.
- In March 2016, Zumtobel Group AG had launched outdoor led modular lights for nighttime cityscape illumination. This model provides reliable guidance and orientation, even at night. They offer highlighting quality, which further help in eliminating wasting resources, or increasing light pollution. This model provides both visual comfort and improves quality of life in an urban outdoor space.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into highway and roadways, architectural and public places. Highway and roadways is one of the largest application of outdoor LED lighting.
- In January 2017, Eaton had launched halo surface mount light-emitting diode (LED) Downlight (SMD), an ultra-low profile. This light is available in the varieties of temperatures (CCTs) which includes including 2700 Kelvin (K), 3000K, 3500K, 4000K and 5000K and in a 90 color-rendering index (CRI).
Competitive Analysis: Global Outdoor LED Lighting Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in outdoor LED lighting are Signify Holding (Philips Lighting), OSRAM Gmbh, General Electric, Zumbotel Group AG, Cree, Inc., Hubbell, Astute Lighting Limited, Bamford Lighting, Dialight, Eaton, Evluma Interled, Neptun Light, Inc. and Skyska.
- In August, the Eaton had launched new Litepak LNC4 and Colt exterior LED luminaires for outdoor lighting. This model is suitable for schools, factories, hospitals, warehouses and retail locations. This factor help in increasing demand for this model in the outdoor purpose. This will in turn propel the growth of the market.
- In February, the company had launched its new ArcheType X Site/Area LED luminaire. The features and benefits of the new ArcheType X Site/Area include 3 sizes ARX09, ARX16 and ARX25. This model design is equipped with AGi32 software. The luminaires are available in packages from 5,140 to 39,200 plus lumens. The application areas for these are pathways, highlight traffic lanes, and walls.
- In October 2013, the company had launched the Perfect Dusk-to-Dawn LED Luminaire. This model is mainly installed in the roadway and landscape area. This model replaces 3437 lumens with 86 lumens which in turn makes these bulbs 75% more efficient than previous model. The features further help in increasing demand for such lighting for outdoor purpose.
Research Methodology: Global Outdoor LED Lighting Market
Primary Rependants: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers